You won't believe this shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't believe this shit

My daughter went to her first day as a sophomore in high school. They handed out cords to put the school IDs on, and she thought they looked cool, so she collected a few that people didn't want, and put them on. She was accused of wearing gang attire, and all but one was confiscated! Somehow they came up with a paranoid delusion that on the morning of the first day, before the kids had even seen these things, the gangs had met and decided that the number of them that they wore indicated their position in a gang, and my daughter was a leader...a petite white girl?

In last year's yearbook, people who waved or held their hands the wrong way had them blurred out because they might possibly be gang signs. Should anything surprise me?

This was why we put the kids in private school when they were younger and we could afford it...the public schools have lost their sanity. How can you give a kid something and then call it gang attire?

BTW, is this the same government that put me in a mental institution for a week because they were afraid that I would eat Pop-Tarts?

Recommended Reading: Watch the movie Idiocracy.

Wonder if they'd freak out if she pointed a "hex hand" at them...

You know, pinky and pointer levelled at their eyes from a distance...

Comment

Thats the same paranoia that got my suspended from High School back when the Columbine school shooting happened. Because I happened to wear a trench coat in the winter(which looked more steam-punk then "goth" anyways) they got this notion in their head that there was an "east coast" version of the "trench coat mafia." Guess who was the apparent ring leader to this?

I found it all funny until they called me to the main office, then put me in a room with all of the other "slightly different" students. The funny thing is that for the most part...people liked me in high school because even though I was different...I was lively and expressive, which people had no problem with. The rest of the "goth" kids were there...who I didn't even really socialize with.

They asked me why I wore black. I told them straight in the eyes that "black is a very slimming color" and they laughed. Then they suspended me for a week for "my own protection." Now ok, they want to "protect" me and I was fine with that...but thinking about it, singling out those type of people who just may be insane enough to do it might send them over the edge. Now they were letting them go home to potentially plan to do something when they got back. Not the best way to go about things.

While I was gone apparently a bunch of students(which consisted of jocks, preps, and nerds....you know...the type who apparently shouldn't have gotten along with me, protested my suspension while I was gone, and the school lost face with a lot of students. I loved High School paranoia. I just hated that a suspension went on my record.

Comment

Bob that's just profiling and profiling is wrong

I got the same treatment although i didn't have a trench coat but I wore my leather jacket in the summer (I'm a lizard). I went to the principal and leveled with him (he was a "friend" of mine since his first year started there when mine did) that I wasn't going to do anything and if any of the other kids said anything it was crap. He understood and nothing came of it. I was way more quiet and antisocial back then which must mean I had "issues".

Personally I have major "issues" with school in general, both public and private. Private generally will also force "religion" (at least that's what I think of when I think of a private school) and public are more like jails for kids that train them to obey without question. I say homeschool because if you want anything done right, do it yourself. Half of what they teach in school isn't even right, especially in regards to History.

Comment

From what it seems to me, public schools have gotten much worse from when I was there. I was in high school when the whole Columbine thing happened, and I remember when things all started getting more strict (especially with us "evil" ones). After that, we were no longer even able to leave school for lunch anymore! Luckily, I never really get too much trouble for being a goth. Hell! I even had a Emily Strange shirt with her blowing up a school on it and no teacher or staff gave me any trouble over it. Guess I was lucky. But some friends that I knew did get a little bit of that annoyance from school staff and even from total strangers outside of school. I'm so glad I'm not a kid going to school now.

Comment

I used to wear black suits and a London Fog trenchcoat to work, even in summer, because I like heat. Some people complained, but my manager thought that it looked sharp.

When I was in school (mumble) years ago, we all had raggedy old coats, and I wore a jean jacket with a pack of cigarettes and a roach clip on the pocket, year round. When I unbuttoned it, I would have a T-shirt with a marijuana leaf or something on it. Nobody ever said anything, except for one teacher who told my mother that I slammed down a six-pack of beer after school every day, and mom called bullshit on that.

I guess things have changed, in some ways. In the 80's, just about everyone who worked with their hands smoked pot. Now, they all piss in a jar. Maybe the schools are getting them ready for that?

Maybe soon they will ban pop-tart parapernalia. I guess I dwell on that because I spent six days in a mental hospital for no other reason than threatening to eat them. I think that the whole world has gone insane.

Comment

This was on another forum I frequent regularly.

Originally posted by sparky
              unfortunately this is too true to be funny

SCHOOL - 1957 vs. 2007

Scenario:
              Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot
              with shotgun in gun rack.
              - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
              - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario:
              Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

- Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
              - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario:
              Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

- Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
              - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a
              disability.

Scenario:
              Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

- Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario:
              Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

- Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.
              - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario:
              Pedro fails high school English.

- Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, and goes to college.
              - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school

Scenario:
              Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, and blows up a red ant bed.

system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English. 1957
              - Ants die.
              - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario:
              Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

- In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
              - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

my reply to this was "you forgot this http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories...ffitigirl.html "
              Last edited by Scary Guy; 08-17-2008, 08:59 PM. Reason: fixing shit

Comment

I guess we have to get old, shrivel up and die to get out of the way of the younger generation and their new and better ideas, but if you had told me that it was coming to this, I would have sacrificed myself to blueberry frosted a long time ago.

God dammit, why can't I forget those pop tarts? I guess it has something to do with the $20,000 we were billed to make sure that I never threatened to hurt myself with them again. I sure am glad they banned lobotomies, or they may have found a way to cut my head open and fill it with rich, creamy chocolate filling. Ah well, at least I can laugh about it now. We wouldn't pay that bill if they sued for it. The judge would laugh it out of the courtroom.

Comment

Working...
                X