Katrina 3 Year Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrina 3 Year Anniversary

I can't believe it has been 3 years this Friday since the storm hit New Orleans and the gulf coast and yet we have another one teasing the coast as I type. At least if this one hit N.O. things won't be worse than Katrina.....we have our extra bedrooms ready for our family down there if needed.

Most of New Orleans will have their Anniversary/Memorial services going on...me I just wear black and some Mardi Gras beads for the day since I'm here in GA.

Just to let anybody that is an animal lover on this site that the Louisiana Human Society is still dealing with animals 3 years after the storm due to abandon neighborhoods and such. I love animals and want to help. They are building and dog and cat sanctuary for the each because these animals can not be adopted out to families/home due to illness and running in neighborhoods and empty buildings wild for so long.

They have a paypal link in the "donation section". I can assure you they are a very legit organization.

I'm just posting this for anyone who loves animals and would like to help...I'm not here to beg for money.[

Thanks....Denise - HellCat

I use to work for the Humane Society of Broward County. And I remember when I first started working for them a lil over 2 years ago, we would get dogs that came from New Orleans (and even Mississpippi) because of Katrina. Even a while after that, we would still sometimes get dogs from there since everything was still not quite back to normal. Now this is a animal shelter thats in South Florida! For them to be getting animals from all the way over there shows how bad things were up there.

Comment

Working...
    X