Could we possibly get this lucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we possibly get this lucky?

There is a place that will be coming up for sale, which belongs to a relative. It's on several acres, has a nice prefab house, a well, a steel building, and a shooting range. Best of all, there is a cemetery right across the street, and it's in the middle of nowhere. I could actually park the hearse by a cemetery every day. It is a very backward place...nobody has been buried there for 100 years or so, and no one comes near it. The first time I saw this place, I said, "Man, they are the luckiest people in the world to have found a deal like this", in the $80k range. Now they want to move, though, I guess to find work. Since Tony drives a truck, we can live in any depressed community.

I wish we had some way of raising the money and buying the place now, but Jenny has two more years of school, and there aren't any up there anyway. We have to go get out of this place, too. It needs a lot of work, and there is a lot of Tony's shit to get out of the way, just for me to get started inside, and my shit outside to get out of the way to start outside. My neighbor just gave me a lawn mower, so that's a good start, if I can get it running. If I can work even an hour a day, I think it can be done. Umm...anybody wanna help? Free beer....

sounds like something we would like too.

Comment

Who wouldn't?

Having nothing to look forward to for the rest of your life can be really depressing, but this might just pull me out of it. It's in the Pacific NW, almost, in Southern Idaho. Tony tells me that there are many such places around for sale, but I like this one. The metal building is huge, big enough to hold all of our cars, and we may even be able to grade a short airstrip. And who could resist an abandoned cemetery? No screaming children, no gang graffiti, no bouncing basketballs or loud stereos (except maybe mine). Absolute heaven.

We could even pull the whole thing off without a realtor, at least on that end, and save them 6%, which might save us money. I know that there are some other hearse people in the pacific NW, so mark your calendar for three years tentatively from now...housechilling party at my place. I took some pics of the place when we went to Portland for the race, and I may run across them. If so, I'll post.

Cross your fingers for us. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime. I know that they love the place, but they just can't find decent-paying jobs.

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
        And who could resist an abandoned cemetery? No screaming children, no gang graffiti, no bouncing basketballs or loud stereos (except maybe mine). Absolute heaven.-denise
        Forgot one thing... Proper attire "Optional"

Comment

There isn't a pool to swim naked in, which I've always really enjoyed, but one day, we will put in a hot tub to soak naked in. I don't want any more swimming pools.

Comment

Working...
          X