Camera help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera help.

I have a Kodak C875, I think it is, a digital camera that I have carried wrapped in the original padded bag in my purse for a year or two. It's not very old, and it was expensive; about 250 dollars. It has always been ready to go when I took it out, but suddenly; it has started draining batteries overnight when it's off, alkaline or rechargable. I have checked all of the settings, and nothing helps. The only thing I have done differently was that I put it on an adapter for a while, but I used the correct Kodak adapter for that camera. Is there any way to fix it, or do I have to take the batteries out every night? While I use the camera, they hold up OK. It's only when I turn it off that it drains them. This is fucked...I want to just take it out and have it ready to go.

Any ideas?

-denise

Fuck it, I checked around; and everyone has this problem with Kodak digital cameras. They're just shit.

Just goes to show that a brand name doesn't necessarily mean quality anymore. kodak denies the problem.

Tony says to put an on-off switch on it, but who wants to own a bunch of nigger-rigged shit?

Comment

One way to stop the problem is to just remove the batteries.

Another is if it's got an SD reader you could try upgrading the firmware on it and that could also solve the issue.

I've got a ZD710 (pretty sure that's the model number), my parents have a lesser model, and neither have ever given me issues.

Also I much prefer the term "custom rigging" or "personalizing" but "nigger rigging" works too. I get this ability from my father as he got it from his. If it's stupid but it works, then it isn't stupid.

Comment

I tried the firmware, but I already have the latest, so evidently there is no patch. I guess I just have to take the batteries out.

Does " afro engineering " work for you?

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
          Does " afro engineering " work for you?

-denise
          Again "If it's stupid, but it works, it isn't stupid." So yes all the time I do prefer to do things properly though although sometimes I like doing things the wrong way and getting it to work right or improve upon it in the process.

Comment

I found some pre-charged 2000 mAh batteries at the grocery store, for only 50 cents more than the crappy ones, and I ordered a smart charger that conditions the batteries and tests them. Conditoning is not the same thing as deep cycling...it's something like discharging the batteries to 1 volt and recharging them 5 times. I'm still going to take the batteries out, because I don't care about having a date stamp on my pictures anyway, but these should be able to power that energy hog, even to shoot some crappy video. It will definitely be the last Kodak I will buy.

You have to shop around and learn about battery stuff...my camcorder came with a 1-hr battery, and for around 50 bucks, a couple of years ago, I ordered a 4-hr battery. It really does last 4 hours, and it came with an extra charger and cables for both the house and the car. The camera is a Sony, and I can leave the battery in it for months and it's still ready to go. I just don't carry it everywhere like I do the Kodak.

Comment

Working...
            X