Oh fuck this hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh fuck this hurts

After a couple of years of sitting on my ass in pain, I decided that I might as well get out of the house, so I've been doing an annual inspection on a Piper Cherokee. It feels kind of like playing Twister all day long while getting your ass kicked, but I have some pain medicine to take when I get home, and I'm almost done with the plane.

My doctor would freak if he knew that I was doing this, but I'm also making a deal to rent out our aircraft, and meeting some people in the aviation business. I'm the only one nearby with licenses, experience, an airplane and a ramp badge. Everybody else at this hangar is a student. One guy had only two days' experience, but you have to start somewhere. They lift heavy stuff for me, and I answer their questions. They haven't learned how to properly cuss out an airplane when it's being a pain in the ass, but they will, from me.

Just like in the movie Office Space, I don't want to go back to Systems Engineering and a 9-5 job. Some people can go to meetings and shuffle papers all day, but it's not for me.
Working...
X