Value of 76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of 76

I may have to sell my 76, because it needs some body work and my health finally went, for good. I think I can make it look nice inside, curtains, upholstery, overhead lenses, and the carpet is done.

I looked at Ebay, but they're all newer or older. I had an attack of pleurisy, result of a violent fall 4 months ago, walking pneumonia, and breaking some tough shock bolts loose, and if you've never had pleurisy, believe me, you don't want it. I've had pain that made me pass out, but never anything like this. They had to give me a megadose of morphine to stop me from screaming and get me into x-ray. I won't run a grinder and sanders and risk setting it off again.

Any idea what it might be worth? It looks decent outside, one rust hole and some spots. I had been planning to do it myself, but I won't risk it anymore. All of the Crown Sovereign trim is there and looks nice. Two side pieces are off, but I have them. They just need new clips. The interior is really comfy, with 4" of extra high-density foam in the seat bottom, and I've driven it on thousand-mile trips. It's had lots of maintenance, new exhaust, new hydroboost system, stereo, cold R134 air, new windshield, etc.

I've spent $7500 or so, but I know I won't get that back.

-denise

Post some pics.
    You could put it on e-bay with a high reserve to see what it ends up at.

Comment

Denise I recently put my coach up for sale too. From what i've been reading lately word is spreading like wildfire that Ebay is having alot of issues with "hijacked cars" where pics & descriptions of cars for sale are falsely posted on Ebay for sale. A guy on the Cadillac-LaSalle site was browsing Ebay the other day & saw HIS car for sale on Ebay with someone else claiming possesion of it & up for sale! He reported it & Ebay told him to call the local police... and offered no further assistance AND left the ad online!
      Ebay scares me nowdays. If you go that route be very careful. There are also people on Ebay that have received Paypal confirmation their vehicle being paid for in full... and during the exchange of possession the money was hacked into & yanked back out somehow. A friend of mine had that done to him upon the sale of his Airstream camper.
      As for your coach value... i'm choosing my words carefully here as to not offend you because I know you have a lot of money in your coach... so let me just say 1975 - early 1990's coaches here on the East coast are selling for $3000 - $4000 on average. I'm buying another hearse when mine sells or taking a newer hearse on trade... so I been looking around in a 6 state area around Ohio... and i've found several right out of service for $4000 and under. The most promising coach i've found is a 1990 just out of service & in mint condition & with a new casket for $4000 or best offer.
      I guess your best bet is to choose a price you can live with & take some good pics & write up a nice ad. Post it on here for sale and some other sites & see what happens. The economy really sucks right now & cars of all types have bottomed out in price because very few are buying right now. Best of luck to you in selling your coach!

Comment

Thanks. I don't know if I'll really have the heart to sell it (no pun intended). There are so many circumstances, and I may have found a paint and body man.

Selling someone else's car on Ebay? Yikes! I've heard about people going up to cars, getting the VIN number, and applying for a lost title, thus becoming the new owner. Hopefully they can't do that to a car that is registered to someone else! The MVD doesn't seem to care much about old cars. I just keep mine locked up, and our neighbors watch out for each other.

If I sell the car, it will be for cash only, and I will immediately report it sold, in case it is used in a crime. That has been tried on me. You can do almost anything with a motor vehicle online now.

-denise

Comment

Working...
        X