Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better 80's pop band?

Going to need some opinions here.

I think that Journey trumps all others. You can have your 38 special and Boston - but for raw belting you can't beat Steve Perry.

Well, maybe Peter Cetera from Chicago could, but it'd be close.

Don't even pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about.

You said 80's pop, which generally leads to a debate between the Madonna and Prince tribes, which then breaks out into a fist fight (ok slap fight).

Personally I like to go with The Cars as my favorite since they were a new wave band, but they somehow managed to trick everyone and become popular anyway.

Comment

REO SPEEDWAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn we suck pip

Comment

Not that I really care for the guy, but Michael Jackson did have some good hits back then.

But if you mean what WE think is the best in our opinions...I guess I could say that Genesis/Phil Collins was pretty good. But then again, there were a lot of 'one hit wonders' who had really great songs that we all know and love. Funny. I was actually recently thinking about starting an 80's music video thread here. Oh well.

Comment

Comment

It's kind of a running joke between Tony and I as to how horrible our taste in music is - if you got in his Explorer right now you'd either find some terrible Oi! or some terrible 80's hair band cranked at full volume.

The Madonna v Prince one is hard, but here is one for you - who was cooler? Michael Jackson or Prince?

I actually like old (read: black) Michael Jackson (shit, I'm listeing to 'P.Y.T. 'right now - I ain't skurred), so other than a few Prince songs ('Most Beautiful Girl in the World' and 'Get Down Make Love') I would say MJ.

Journey > REO Speedwagon.

Genesis was awesome but in that once a week kind of way - it's like listening to The Police, great band, not something I'll jam.

Comment

Purple Rain can't fuck with Thriller. MJ for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Chace View Post
                Purple Rain can't fuck with Thriller. MJ for the win.
                Yea but Purple Rain had the greatest band of all time "MORRIS DAY AND THE MUTHA FUCKIN TIME!!!!!"

[YOUTUBE]JtyOMtuacMI[/YOUTUBE]

sound sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                  It's kind of a running joke between Tony and I as to how horrible our taste in music is - if you got in his Explorer right now you'd either find some terrible Oi! or some terrible 80's hair band cranked at full volume.
                  Glad to know I'm not the only one with "horrible" taste in music! I'm a real sucker for the 80's music, especially the 80's pop/rock/new wave stuff.

Comment

Prince wins because he gets way more pussy. MJ just gets little boys.

Comment

Hall and Oates! Don't forget about them!

Comment

My affliction isn't just hair metal - I love me the smooooooth Yacht Rock of the 80's. Give me some Michael Mcdonald or Kenny Loggins and I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                        X