If you are on a yahoo.com mail account *important*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are on a yahoo.com mail account *important*

Yahoo currently has the IP of this server on 'permanent defer' status (basically banned) because of another site on this machine - so it's not sending mail to yahoo.com addresses right now. I'm working on getting this lifted and getting the other party to pursue other avenues for sending out newsletters than MY f'n server. So if you have a yahoo addy, you aren't going to get updates for a little bit until this is fixed.

That is intersting, our saab forum has a problem with new members not recieving activation emails.

Comment

I was wondering why I wasn't getting any...

Comment

On that same note, I send out our club emails from a Yahoo account. Some email accounts kick it back for spam until I disable the links in the text and signature. Other Yahoo accounts immediately send it to the spam folder. Any way I can cure this? I really don't want to have to send 80 seperate emails each time there is an announcement...

Comment

Sending stuff and having it not show up as spam is a bit of an art - when we send out of the newsletter for the tattoo studio we send out almost 25k emails in 15 minutes, so we have to be reaaaaaaly careful not to get flagged as spam (figures that yahoo is the only one we have issues with). Don't put tons of exclamation marks in the title, don't misspell stuff (this is pretty important actually), don't put large images in, make sure your links are pointing to a registered domain, reverse DNS records help a ton and having an SPF record for the domain are also good practice.

Going through this as a checklist should get you closer.

Comment

Working...
          X