Anyone used one of those turn signal things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used one of those turn signal things

that are made to adapt for really old cars? I rewired the forward wiring harness in the 51 today, and the turn signal wires are fucked, along with the cam in the switch on the collumn. I see these aftermarket switch set ups on ebay relatively cheap, just wondered if anyone has ever used one and if they are at all worth a shit. Finding a good signal cam for a 51 plymouth is near impossible.....

They work ok, but be prepared to be doing the dreaded "eventual left" driving around with your turn signal on all the time! They don't cancel out on their own even if they say they do. If you're still running 6 volt make sure whatever aftermarket unit you buy is set up for 6 volt.

Comment

What, getting tired of using hand signals?

Comment

The big rigs don't have self-cancelling signals, so it's just a matter of getting used to turning your signal off every time.

Comment

I'd prefer to turn mine off actually. Seems like half the time it wants to shut off half way through.

Comment

Well, setting up some indicator lights would be very easy if I felt like it had to be done. Plus I think the unit itself has them on it, Just instead of looking at the dash, I'd be looking at the collumn.

Comment

Working...
            X