Old Coffin Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Coffin Found

I search sometimes for Coffins and random stuff. I finally came across a coffin for sale on craigs list in my area. The lady who had it said she had it in the back of a Hearse she owned while in college some years ago. Lately the coffin had been stored in her house. Last night I brought it home. It needs work depending on which way its viewed. The interior of it is trashed and will need to be redone. I've pondered painting the coffin but am now leaning to just painting the underside since it has some rust and to keep the Hearse rollers in good shape. I think otherwise I'm going to leave the exterior as is.

I found what appears to be a build sheet in it.
    PRO#5-60
    W/O 955
    Primed by (initals JC)
    Sanded by (initals RS)
    Painted by (initals JB)
    Paint thickness .8
    Lacquered by (initals LJ)

The floral arrangement I made a few months ago has been in the back of the Hearse waiting for a coffin

Here it is cleaned out

Numbers are 603955

Sticker on side reads Bedmont 20 gauge steel.

Any of you guys have info on the coffin based on the numbers I've found?

It may actually read "Belmont " which is a casket company out of Denver colorado. They have or had been around for quite some time. They had a knack in the industry of taking their designs from Batesville. Good quality from what I have been told.

Comment

Nice find and I'm with you on leaving the exterior.

I want to find one I can strip the paint from and give it a been buried for years and recently dug up look.

Comment

i hope that was foam and not fiberglass insulation inside *shudders*

Comment

Is the adjustable bedframe gone or didn't it have one...I may not be using the right nomenclature but I am not a casket expert.... I do want to experiment with one to see what can be done in it.....????

Comment

kOoL lookin' casket...

Comment

Working...
            X