Go ahead, make fun of me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go ahead, make fun of me

I'm 6' tall, and I speak with a developing accent that sounds French.
    People think that I'm one o' them gol dang manora-tees, and since white people are generally afraid of manora-tees, they usually talk behind my back, but I overhear them sometimes.

They also make fun of me (rightfully so) for doing things like putting on some slippers and going outside in my nightgown to cut weeds, which makes my legs look like this:

There's a rumor that if I cut off my hand with a saw, I would just keep sawing with the other hand, which really doesn't make any sense, but it sort of describes me. It somes from being a professional mechanic. Well, we finally got some shade and half an hour of coolness, so I took advantage of it. When one of the Disability doctors asked me why I didn't get dressed, I said that I usually didn't need to, because I rarely ever go anywhere. When she asked why I took a shower every two days instead of every day, I told her that because I didn't go anywhere, I didn't get stinky.

It doesn't bother me to be made fun of, though, and I would much rather be made fun of for needing my lawn mowed than to have a do-it-yourself termite farm inside my walls. How are we doing here? I went all of the way around the patio, then raked up the mulch with a garden hose.

When I get the bottom fastened down, should I dig a trench with a billdoohickie and pour in gravel, or just sterilize the ground?

I made one more stupid mistake. There is computer equipment on the same circuit, and even though it is on a UPS, it blew a circuit breaker. That wire at the right of the picture used to go to the pool light, and I could just disconnect it inside the box, run conduit to the A/C, into the wall and into that outlet, and it would be on its own 15A circuit. That should be plenty for an 8k btu unit, and that outlet is the last one on the string, so I can just cap the other end of the wire after I cut it. Hell, thet thar may even be up to code!

Tony has been gone 8 or 9 weeks now, and we have $4k work of checks to deposit with both signatures. He's thinking about just leaving our truck in the yard and taking an airline out here for a couple of days. I actually miss him too, and when we convert to Verizon, we can call each other all we want without using minutes. He has a 5-watt cell phone booster in his truck, and I can actually make a connection to him and have a normal conversation now. He'll get whatever blue tooth device he wants, so we can talk for an hour or two if we want and not get into trouble. With unmodified Sprint PCS, the connection (when we could get one) was so bad I wasn't sure if he was telling me yes or not about buying the air conditioner, so I just went ahead and did it.

-denise (Species Duzital)
Working...
X