Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving trucks

Those things are f'n expensive!

Going to Marietta tomorrow to pick up a bunch of gym gear for the house and u-haul with their '19.95 special!' is like 99 cents a mile.

Best deal I found was Ryder at 60 for the truck, 25 for insurance and 20 cents a mile.

Anybody got a better idea?

I need about 20 feet of trailer and the ability to hold about 3k lbs or more of weights.

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post

Going to Marietta tomorrow to pick up a bunch of gym gear for the house and u-haul with their '19.95 special!' is like 99 cents a mile.

Best deal I found was Ryder at 60 for the truck, 25 for insurance and 20 cents a mile.

I need about 20 feet of trailer and the ability to hold about 3k lbs or more of weights.
    Yeah its gotten pricey. Used to if it was just a local they didn't charge you for mileage. Just the per day and of course you had to fill it back up. Guess they realized they weren't optimizing profits.

Would renting a pickup be cheaper/sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post

As long as the U-haul truck doesn't have a tamper-proof speedometer cable... drive it 20 miles or so & get under it & unscrew the speedometer cable from the tranny... it's been known to happen (looks around the room)

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
        As long as the U-haul truck doesn't have a tamper-proof speedometer cable... drive it 20 miles or so & get under it & unscrew the speedometer cable from the tranny... it's been known to happen (looks around the room)
        Check for a hubometer.

Comment

home depot?
          dont know the biggest size rig they rent, but i think they do a fairly decent rate

Comment

Working...
          X