forum questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum questions

How are reputation points equated to rep power?

How many times must reputation be spread before adding to the same individual?

I'd like to know as well. Although this isn't a popularity contest.

Comment

<-- This icon under your screen name says to add to reputation. Maybe its a combination of posts and number of times other members have clicked on that icon under your screen name.

Comment

Didn't intend to come across as a popularity contest...

First question stemmed from realizing those two don't match - so there must be an equation.

Second question because I've tried to leave reputation for a few again after 4-6 month duration and leaving it for 15-20 people. Still unable to. More of a reward for a damn good post I'd like to continually give.

Comment

It's a little tricky.

It's not as simple as get 3, get a green block and some points - its kind of a complicated system between date joined, post count, and the person who is leaving you reputation points and their status/reputation as well. We haven't really used it much, but perhaps we should use it more. I do appreciate the types of posts we get and I think people should get points for it (not that you cna trade in your tickets at the end of the ride for a free goldfish or anything, but still nice).

I'll throw some reputation around, since I stack the deck in my favor my points count the most. =)

Comment

I will also let you know that your level goes up at 10, 50, 75, 150, 250, 350, 450, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000.

So you get a block (I think) every time you bump into the next level, and when you give feedback it helps give other people points towards theirs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
              I'd like to know as well. Although this isn't a popularity contest.
              This is very true - but also has another great use.

When a new person comes onto a board and they see someone with a high post count, they usually assume that person is an authority on something because they've been here forever. Truth is that any /r/tard can have some gi-normous post count full of smiley faces and 'please Marshall, please Marshall let me suck your cock' kind of useless posts (admittedly, I post a ton of just random, none hearse related stuff - but so many people on here are my friends that I just want to share the strange or funny things I run across - but I feel these bring value as well, and if they don't like them - suck it trebec), but when someone has good post count and good reputation points, then others may know that they are a good resource and that what they say has the respect of others.

Comment

Also, this board doesn't have as much traffic as larger boards. Another sight I'm on has people that have rep power of 75 and higher, they have 5 dark green, 5 light green, 5 orange blocks and then they get the Orange Jew Star.

this is some stats from the busier message board i'm on:

Threads: 38,600, Posts: 571,526, Members: 4,205, Active Members: 689
                Welcome to our newest member, the0xx0
                Blogs: 27, Entries: 60, Last 24 Hours: 0
                Latest Blog Entry, Sexy Cora Needs Hospital After 75 BJ’s by Plan of attack

This is the NHAA stats

Threads: 5,242, Posts: 39,105, Members: 1,046, Active Members: 158
                Welcome to our newest member, clubblackvelvet

Comment

We get it, there are more asshole skinheads than asshole hearse owners. =)

Comment

I think the busiest forum I frequent is bodybuilding.com:

Threads: 2,517,767, Posts: 43,274,518, Members: 1,842,773

Comment

asshole weight lifters

Comment

dbags with sideburns

Comment

I'd also like to know how rep points correlate with the green bars underneath. Psychoholic has 10 rep power and a bunch of squares, while I have 9 and only one fuckin' lonely dot. While Tony has 15 and... only one dot.

If he can set his own bar why not set rep power to 999 or something crazy too?

Comment

is there a way to see if someone has rep'ed one of your posts?

Comment

I think only admins can see that.

I did figure out while looking that I can customize my own profile page though... wooo!

Comment

Working...
                              X