Fuck censorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck censorship

I was flipping through the channels when I saw that Rocky Horror was on. Of course, we all have the DVD, and seasoned veterans have the VHS tape as well, but what the hell, I decided just to let it run.

They blurred out the penises and tits on the statues. Is that really necessary? Half of us have penises, half of us have tits, and those of us who have tits usually have two of them, you've been sucking on them since you were born, so...who hasn't seen them already?

People ask me why I watch foreign films. Two reasons. They have a plot, and they are nonchalant about body parts.

When Tony has with his first wife, they were watching Blazing Saddles, and he was telling her about the "bean scene", and when he saw that they had replaced the farting noises with cows mooing, he got so angry that he went to the video store and got the real movie. Is there anyone here who has never farted? Anyone who has never, never farted? If not, you're in for a real surprise when the big one comes. This is the sort of censorship that I really hate. Blurring plaster tits is one thing, but fucking up a whole scene and ruining part of the plot is pushing it too far.

The movie Booty Call is about sex, and would have been banned in the 50's, and probably couldn't be shown on television today, but if you watch it with the French soundtrack, it is twice as obscene, and about five timers funnier, if you speak French. For instance, in English, the convenience store clerk says, "I'd like to fuck the dog", and the French version, as I translate it, says, "I'd like to pound the dog in the ass." I guess a good term would be "flowery profanity".

Oh well...it seems to me that American people are really uptight about things. We're taking a lot of collateral damage in the War On Drugs right now. If you slip out of step with the sled dogs, you must be on methamphetamine. Personally, I don't give a flying fuck about people who snort drain cleaner and decongestant up their noses. If that's what they choose to do, let them take themselves out of the gene pool. Just don't accuse me of doing it if I choose to dress up like Dr. Frankenfurter and open a hot dog stand, or use my casket table as a picnic table. When was the last time you saw someone do something stupid and say, "He must be on drugs." No, not necessarily. He might just be stupid. An IQ of 80 is "slightly retarded", and the average person has an IQ of 100. You crunch the numbers.

-denise
Working...
X