Car Bible on Transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Bible on Transmissions

hmm interesting. i'm gonna have to start deciding what to do with the truck - have a remanufactured transmission installed (about $1400), go find one from a junk yard, rebuild it myself (ha!), or just chalk it up as totaled.

it's a 5 speed manual.

Comment

in the chevy? shit. i can have that thing rebuilt with heavy duty bearings and all in less than a day.............

i use to build beefed up 5 speeds for people who were building up the 4.3 liters. it's amazing what you can get out of those 6 bangers

Comment

hey Billy - want to help me tackle the th400 in Morticia?

Comment

Absolutely. Have you already ordered the overhaul kit? If not check summit racing and get the B&M master overhaul kit for the th400. With your burnout history it will be a good investment, plus if I recall correctly it's only like 20 bucks more than the regular kit.

Comment

I don't have it yet - but it looks to be about 190 bucks. That shouldn't be terrible. Probably only need some rtv and fluid otherwise.

Comment

Tony tells me that you still have to double-clutch a semi, or shift without the clutch, but I guess I get to learn all of that stuff in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X