Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody travel a good bit and stay in hotels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody travel a good bit and stay in hotels?

When you do, do you use a fridge/cooler and keep your own food or do you tend to go out to eat more often?

half and half......all depends on how much money I have.

Comment

depends on whether work is paying for it. usually it's less hassle to just go out and eat

Comment

I traved quit abit in the military. When in a hotel, I stocked up on munchies for the after party snacks. That was usualy every night. If you were poor at the time, PB&J, bologna & mustard were the choice of champions.

Comment

2 words. waffle-house. nuff said.

Comment

We like to stay at the Hampton Inn when we can - most of them have an awesome breakfast buffet. Load up first thing in the am, sneak out a couple saugue & egg buscuits and you're good for lunch too, but we like to eat out for dinner and try different places wherever we are staying.

Comment

I used to pretty much live on the road with my old job. Lived in hotels and yeah you do eat out more often but as long as the hotels you stay in have a fridge and microwave you can live pretty decent. If your stays in hotels are pretty lengthy I advise an electric skillet so you can actually do some cookin as well. Just my experience of the hotel life.

Comment

Stay away from Motel 6, anything owned by Indian immigrants, and La Quinta/Denny's. I've never heard of a motel chain with a decent breakfast buffet, so if Hampton Inns has one, I would say go for it. A nearby convenience store is something to look for as well, especially if you're planning on drinking beer. Your biggest problem will be running out of space for the empty beer bottles after you fill up all of the trash cans. I always used to use the sink for cooling leftover beverages in the morning...just pour a bucket of ice over them and cover with a towel. They will be cool in a few minutes.

-denise

Comment

Eat out, use the fridge for booze.

Comment

Working...
                  X