Home theatre system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home theatre system

I decided to redo my home theatre system, mainly so that the wiring is in bundles and it's all screwed together, in case we have to rent this house to my brother-in-law while we drive. He likes to fuck with things.

Why have a computer in the middle of it? Because it has three TB of movies and MP3's, and it can record as well as play. It is on a network, so other machines can also play the media. The whole thing is wired for 1080p, but the television can only do 1080i, and I'm not going to upgrade it until it breaks. It's all component-level now.

Not Shown :

The satellite speakers across the room
    The media scanning and editing machine around the corner
    The smaller home theatre system in the bedroom, which can play anything that is on the main media server
    The fucking mess that I have to clean up.

This is why I have three routers in my house.
    Attached Files

Shame on you for not putting goatse.cx or something equally as disturbing on your TV to fuck with us.

Also is that TV from the 80's? Upgrade to plasma already.

Comment

Nope, the TV is about 8 years old, I paid $2200 for it, and it can sit right there and entertain me until it goes purple or starts sparking. In a couple of months, I will be out on the road driving a truck most of the time anyway, watching movies on a laptop. The USB drives will come with me, so I will have thousands of movies. I've heard that some people make a whole buttload of money burning copies and selling them to other drivers, but of course I would never do that.

This was just something to do, and it's kind of cool. When we buy our ranch, and dump this fucking house, we'll salvage whatever is left of it and upgrade it to whatever is the latest and greatest.

Comment

Working...
      X