New dog, what me pit bull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dog, what me pit bull?

I just got a new dog, and I've already been accused of having a pit bull. First of all, I don't think that he has the build of a pit bull, but if he is one, then all I can say is that pit bulls are very sweet, loving, and intelligent.

I've only had him an hour, and he has learned how to play ball and use the doggie door. Riding in the car, he sits in the middle of the back seat and behaves, which is more than I can say for most children. He will make a great truck dog. When I went into the store to get some dog food, he was waiting for me, sitting in the passenger seat. Here are a couple of pictures of him...does he look like a pit bull?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Morella View Post
    I just got a new dog, and I've already been accused of having a pit bull.
    Having a pit bull is not a bad thing. .
    First of all, I don't think that he has the build of a pit bull, but if he is one, then all I can say is that pit bulls are very sweet, loving, and intelligent.
    I have been around a lot of different dogs and pit bulls don't not live up to the stereotype. Most of the time, the worst dogs are the smaller ones. Most of the bull dogs I have been around are smart, sweet, and are not aggressive. I have been around a lot. My brother had a pit that was not smart, but was sweet.

Comment

Whatever he is, either they stuffed him at the dog pound, or he is very finicky. The only way that he will eat dry dog food is if I feed it to him by hand, one piece at a time, and then he runs for water. Fresh ham went over pretty well, and he gobbled up turkey. I'm going to try canned food tomorrow, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll try something more appetizing, like lobster tails in butter wine sauce, or pheasant under glass.

I wouldn't mind a bit if he had cat for dinner, but they all seem to have disappeared since he showed up.

Comment

neck doesn't look right...i'm guessing by color a boxer/mix, pit/mix maybe. I don't know of alot of dogs that can have that brindled apperience.

these are my 3 pits

Comment

My guess is that he wasn't interested in eating because he was too damned tired. I got him from the dog pound. That has to be a stressful environment, and a difficult place to sleep, with all of those dogs barking day and night. He ate a few Alpo chunks and finally passed out on the kitchen floor, which is probably the best thing for him.

Tony told me that there is a pit bull breed with tiger stripes, which is kind of what he looks like. I really don't think that he is a pit bull, but it doesn't really matter to me. He is sweet enough to be a pet, a little stubborn, but intelligent enough to train, and he has one powerful set of jaws. It's hard to tell this soon, but I think he is going to be a good dog.

Comment

Working...
          X