Storing my rusty coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing my rusty coach

My 76 is going to have to be parked, perhaps for as long as 15 years, before I can do any serious work on it. There are some rust bubbles and a hole on the left rear quarter, and I'm wondering what can be done to do to keep the rust from spreading. I assume that the rusty metal has to be ground out, but then what can be done to protect it? Would appreciate any suggestions...time is money here, so even something as simple as brushing grease on it would be OK, if that would stop it from spreading.

Thanks

-d

the best stuff that I have heard is called por 15 it can be painted on with a brush. it has gotten ALOT of good reviews

Comment

Yep, POR makes great products.

You can also use a rust converting spray, that permanently seals it up after you clean up the rust. I've used it many times, and it has always worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
        My 76 is going to have to be parked, perhaps for as long as 15 years, before I can do any serious work on it.

-d
        15 years? Do you have a sentencing hearing comming up soon?

Comment

15 years? Do you have a sentencing hearing comming up soon?
          Now that's funny. No, old age is creeping up on me. Actually, it just walked up and hit me in the face. I need to make some money for retirement, and don't have much time left, so team driving a truck over the road with the old man is the best way to do it. We should be able to make enough money to buy some land, tell the rest of the world to fuck off, and retire. Should be...although it appears that fishing will, at least, be out of the question.

'nuff digressing into politics, though. I'll see if I can find some POR, and appreciate the advice.

-d

Comment

You only have to park it until 2012, because that's when the Mayans say the world will end.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
              You only have to park it until 2012, because that's when the Mayans say the world will end.
              thats why we retired early....

Comment

Working...
              X