Hearse Club Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse Club Rules

This thread is for those who are in a hearse car club or in charge of a hearse CC. I and a friend of mine are thinking about starting a hearse CC here in NE Indiana. I was wondering what sort of general rules should be established? I want this CC to be predominately hearses and ambulances. I will also accept limo drivers as well but I think I will restrict the limos to older that 1980. I'm sure there isn't a huge slew of limo drivers out there anyway. I was also going to go so far as to have all of my members wear a CC patch just like a MC would do. I would like as much input as possible from everyone. Thank you very much.

I have been looking for a matching Limo, if It was a few years newer You would not want the pair?

Comment

First, why 1980? I would think a limo on a Cadillac commercial chassis should be welcomed, and I think those were built until 1984.

Comment

I was actually just throwing out a random date pertaining to the limos. Like I said, I'm sure there isn't a mob of angry limo drivers looking for a cc to accept them.

Comment

yeah i'm not sure what the point of restricting the years would be, either. the body style was pretty much the same from like 77/78 all the way up until about 92 i think.

not sure what the point of cutting it off at 1980 would be.

Comment

Yeah the more inclusive the club is the better. IMO you shouldn't even require a car, just the admiration of the cars, that's the best way to gain new members who eventually GET cars.

Comment

if you want to make some rules, make something effective:

1. don't be a douchebag
              2. we are a hearse club, not a traveling circus
              3. if in doubt, see rules 1 & 2

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                if you want to make some rules, make something effective:

1. don't be a douchebag
                2. we are a hearse club, not a traveling circus
                3. if in doubt, see rules 1 & 2
                EPIC Win

Comment

I think '80 for Limos is a good cut-off... that way I can tell my Wife to take her '85 Limo and walk -

Seriously, Our group really doesn't have any rules to speak of other than "to each his/her own" and to have fun. Some in our group come from different venues (e.g. a couple own/run their own Haunted House come October - they may be in competition with each other but we all have a great time when together).

While we basically are a Pro car club, we are flexable to vehicles that (kinda) fit the flavor of the group - We even have one guy which had an old Panel truck done up as a 'first call' vehicle - he sold it last year and is now looking for a Hearse, but it was really one of a kind - lots o' fun at shows.

At present, we don't have any set structure for meeting and such... It's more of "I'm going here, anyone want to join me?" As membership grows, we may get more organized, but right now we're just having fun... this is my suggestion on getting things started.

Comment

Five rules you might consider.
                    1.No Caskets in the back of Hearses
                    2.No modifications to vehicles
                    3.Drinking from your tea cups only with an extended pinky
                    4.Ties are mandatory, even if one chooses to be otherwise starkers.
                    5.Bring lots of sausage to every meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
                      Five rules you might consider.
                      1.No Caskets in the back of Hearses
                      2.No modifications to vehicles
                      3.Drinking from your tea cups only with an extended pinky
                      4.Ties are mandatory, even if one chooses to be otherwise starkers.
                      5.Bring lots of sausage to every meeting.
                      Ya, ya... that's it, and you can call your group PCS.

(oh, damn, that name is already taken )

Comment

Dead Ends has always had just a simple "don't be an idiot" rule - aside from that it's mostly just understood stuff that comes from hanging out with everyone for a while.

Keep it as simple as possible, be as inclusive as possible and remember more than anything that the quality of your members FAR outweighs having quantity. It took a very long time to learn that lesson - not everyone with a hearse/ambulance/limo is going to be cool, and you don't have to be friends with everyone. If we were going to add a second rule, I think Ryan hit it pretty spot on.

Our understood 'suggestions' (not rules):

It's your car, do what you want with it.
                        If it's leaking, keep it on the street and not in my driveway.
                        Karma is a bitch - treat other members with respect and don't dick them over on cars or service.
                        If you are president, don't put up with backstabbers.

Comment

Psychoholic, that is probably the best advise. I will be the president of this club and will absolutely NOT accept ANY sort of backstabbing. The friend and me that's starting this CC are bouncers and that crap will NOT be tolerated. I do,however, think that rule number 2 will definately be to bring sausage to every meeting. Lol!

Comment

word of advice is expect the " not a traveling circus" statement to be out of your hands at almost all times. been around these guys more than a decade, trust me...... i cant count on 2 hands how many times an ugly chick has started some sort of shit at an event......

Comment

Considering that it is in Indiana, why not make it "whites only"?

No, really. Think about it. PCS is doing very, very well, and look at all of the restrictions they have. Think about how many people want to modify their coaches or put caskets in them, and how many hearse owners actually live above the poverty line, vs. how many blacks own professional cars? You would still have plenty of membership, and sitting around telling nigger jokes would give your group a common bond.

You could even help the local schools organize field trips (on weekends, of course), for white students only, so that they can see how white people grow up to be rednecks who can't afford to put gas in their cars. If that doesn't level the playing field, nothing will.

-d

Comment

Working...
                              X