Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Skeletons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Skeletons

I'm always on the look out for "etherial" videos to play while DJ'ing at Goth Weddings, etc..... still not sure 'bout this one, what do you think?
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I like it.

Comment

What interests me is...how do you download capture a Utube video, so that it can be saved in other formats? There is a whole bunch of crap that I would like to grab from Utube.

-dee

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
        What interests me is...how do you download capture a Utube video, so that it can be saved in other formats? There is a whole bunch of crap that I would like to grab from Utube.

-dee
        My version of this song, came on my promo only disc (www.promoonly.com ) with top quality audio and video. I thought youtube would be an easier way for NHAA members to see this Vid.

This (and others) could be downloaded from Youtube, but you might lose quality on playback. You could try googling "free youtube downloader" try here: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products...e-Download.htm start the software, go to the Youtube page you are interested in, copy url, and paste into software, then save into a folder, Voila.... music video.

Try saving as AVI- High Definition Video, this could be an ok format. (you could then re-convert using "Any Video Converter" or similar, to change to another format)
        The legality could be an issue, however for personal use, it may not.... This is all hypothetical of course.

Youtube offers Better quality by typing &fmt=22 at the end of the url, but frankly, it's not great..

hope this helps.

Comment

You use firefox? If so try http://www.downloadhelper.net

Youtube also does mp4 which is a little better, but unfortunately it's still youtube. The problem is it degrading other videos I want to get because all I can find is youtube rips.

Comment

I thought the video was pretty cool.

Comment

Hi - I use Google chrome, which for me, is faster and better than firefox, however it's horses for courses. there are other alternatives for good quality video's but it does require parting with a little money, and effort - but it is worth it if you VJ regularly. All My video's are in Ots format only and can only be played if you have the software, see here for info: www.otsav.com. this gives a stable, balanced, and high def. playback system. I have tried all sorts of software, PCDJ, Traktor, Virtual DJ etc. and nothing comes anywhere near this. (I used to work in radio, and the station used this commercial playback software without any problems, so I'm used to it). Other software uses different and mixed file types, mp4's, avi's etc. Ots converts everything into one type - hence no problems.

Comment

Very cute song, not sure if you would dig this song or band, but they have a pretty cool sound...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Last edited by Zombina; 05-18-2010, 04:43 AM. Reason: youtube link

Comment

Yeah but it locks you into their format so if you want to switch to something else you can't. How easy is it to edit that video file after conversion? Is it a lossless format?

The interface is ugly too, but it doesn't really matter how it looks as long as it works well. I've used PCDJ and then PCVJ which was based off of Virtual DJ and then I transitioned over to that.

Comment

> "free youtube downloader"

Perfect! All I needed was to get some video into Sony Vegas, and this works. I'm writing some original rap lyrics for a karaoke CDG, and the "Obama Money" video has some sound and graphics that I needed.

-d

Comment

Very cute song, not sure if you would dig this song or band, but they have a pretty cool sound...
                      I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
                        Yeah but it locks you into their format so if you want to switch to something else you can't. How easy is it to edit that video file after conversion? Is it a lossless format?

The interface is ugly too, but it doesn't really matter how it looks as long as it works well. I've used PCDJ and then PCVJ which was based off of Virtual DJ and then I transitioned over to that.
                        Yes you are correct about locking into a format - it is so reliable, (I no longer take any cd's to a gig just a 2TB drive, and a backup drive) why would you want to change?
                        It's simply what your used to. Interesting about lossless.... Hmmm.. it's time for a test.

As a comparison I copied a dvd track and played it back on my old laptop (with Virtual dj) and then played the same on Ots, the Track looked grainy and more pixelated on VDJ, the sound was hardly much different on either. Ots however had smoothed out the video and compressed it, and played on the 42" with a better overall resolution, it was easier to manipulate the final render, and to change size 4/3 16/9 etc. The difference is more pronounced in a big room (such as a nightclub) where the quality has to be good.

Good question Scary Guy, thanks for bringing it up.

Comment

Aww thanx dolly, I really dig that band. If you look them up on utube check out Devil Doll - St. Christopher! Awesome sound..

Comment

That chick used to do a radio show here/Cleveland, like forever ago. She was cool. I gotta go find me some of that, this weekend.

Comment

No shit! If ya find some send me a link. I tried looking did't come up with much

Comment

Working...
                              X