The new ride. 1960 Pontiac Catalina :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new ride. 1960 Pontiac Catalina :D

Needs a little work. Pretty much just get the "bubba" out of it and adjust the brakes. But it will be worth the time and effort.
    Attached Files

Hot damn man! that thing there is sweet!

Comment

Cool!! Not too many of those were saved!

Comment

not bad ,digg the trim on the side of the car. VERY STYLISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like it!!!!! My uncle had one that was a light cat shit brown, yours looks cooler

Comment

Thanks guys. The guys that had this car last fucked it up pretty bad. (shoving rags into the block breather tube resulting in blowing oil out the valve covers and oil dipstick tube) putting the wrong carb on ( kickdown linkage wont bolt up and no adapters will work) and putting all new brakes on it without adjusting the adjuster screws to spec so the car barely stopped.....

And now the trans wont shift out of first. if i hook up the vacume to the modulator it blows smoke out of the tail pipes, so i am getting told from everywhere that the modulator valve is the culprit, but on these transmissions they are internal modulator valves. ugh.

Comment

Nice Old Indian!!!!!! I almost bought one just like it a quite a few years back. But it was all original and the guy wanted $5000 for it. Back then, $5000 was a lot especially for a 4dr. I got some assorted 60s Pontaic hubcaps and some chrome valve covers for Pontiacs, even have a old TH400 out in the shed with the BOP pattern. It is amazing the shit one can accumulate over the years. If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know, I've been looking for something to "rat."

Comment

Actually I am currently looking for a BOP pattern trans.lol. this hydra-matic is pissing me off. got stuck in first gear and wont shift up.......

Comment

Well, here's a couple more pictures and the rag that jackass shoved into the crankcase vent tube.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

A guy in my town has one of those. Burnt orange/white top and baby moons. Those are cool as hell. About as big as a car ever got too. Might wanna double check though, I think those were prior to the BOP bellhousing design. The 429 Caddys had turbo 400s but the bellhousing was not BOP.

Comment

Dope!

Should we start a countdown as to how long before this one gets traded? =)

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                        Dope!

Should we start a countdown as to how long before this one gets traded? =)
                        Lol. no not this time. I am actually in discussion with Tony about replacing the engine and trans with something more reliable. I just dont have the time nor the place currently to undertake the project. He has the place, and a powerplant/trans. Just hoping they have the time and the will to do it.lol. I'm not in a huge rush, would like to take it to monsterbash and maybe a few local shows this year, but time isn't of the essence, well except I need to get it moved from my shop to either his or someone elses soon. Fucking corporate bullshit.

Comment

Unfortunately, the wife just lost her job,( one month after we move into a new house right) so the car is probably going to have to go. This is borderline reason for divorce.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I lost my job the week after we signed the papers on this house. My boss' wife was my real estate agent too. Wanna trade for a 71 Superior Combo? If not what kinda price you looking to get for her?

Comment

i'll pm you.

Comment

Working...
                              X