Here's another thought to discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another thought to discuss

so this week while vacationing on amelia island, my sister and i went on the local ghost tour. ghost tours are fun for a ton of reasons: you get to see cool places, old buildings, cemeteries, and other neat things at night. you can also hear some (potentially) interesting stories. i also *really* enjoy walking around urban areas at night. I always try to hit up the local ghost tour when i travel.

the amelia island tour was decent. there is some fantastic old architecture, which is even more beautiful at night. however, i don't really think amelia island has the creep factor that savannah or charleston has.

here is the real point of this post: the tour guide was a self-labeled "sensitive." this is the first time i've been on a ghost tour with a guide who claimed to be anything other than a story teller/local historian.

my sister was convinced the woman was a fraud, in terms of being "sensitive," at least. i shall refrain from commentary. However, i did find it a little bit odd how there can be a 21-foot long embodiment of death parked no more than 30 feet away and the woman was either completely oblivious, or was trying really hard not to notice. No one else in the group seemed to notice, either.

i *really* wanted her to offer up some kind of psychic investigation of the hearse. i didn't want to suggest it though. i was hoping she would notice and be very excited to check it out.

I'm also a huge skeptic about things like that. I'm big on evidence and even though I love hearses/halloween I think the supernatural part of that is pretty much bunk.

Love the old buildings and cemeteries at night though.

Quite surprised she didn't mention the hearse though but it is a haunted tour so maybe she's used to them showing up?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
      Quite surprised she didn't mention the hearse though but it is a haunted tour so maybe she's used to them showing up?
      well i suppose anything is possible, but this doesn't strike me as very likely.

i can believe that people experience strange things. typically less is more, though. i am much more likely to consider someone who tells me they've heard strange unexplainable sounds than someone who is going to tell me a lamp ran on some kind of ghost-supplied electricity for 6 months.

Comment

I think most of those people are frauds too and only trying to add to the general ambiance of the tour to make it more spooky since the actual attractions aren't so much spooky as neat.

I've also found that hearse people are pretty hard to impress with supernatural stuff or just general scare tactics. It does take a particular kind of a-hole to drive around in a hearse, and then to try and spook that person is even harder. She probably didn't want to acknowledge your car and then know you're hard to impress.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
          She probably didn't want to acknowledge your car and then know you're hard to impress.
          that sounds like a pretty good hypothesis.

who here has done the hearse ghost tour in savannah?

Comment

I have been on the hearse ghost tour in Savannah. It's the only ghost tour I have ever been on so, I don't have anything to compare it to. I did it before I got a hearse. I would like to Charleston and Savannah and go on more ghost tours.
            I don't understand why people think hearses and cemeteries are haunted. Most of the time people don't die in them. They are dead when they get there.

Comment

I'm sure the lady telling people what they want to hear is her bread and butter. People go there to be convinced or to scoff most likely. My 1st ex wife was a self-proclaimed spiritual medium. She could talk a good game of feel good horseshit to idiots who couldn't face the truth about this or that. She herself was as confused as anyone I've ever met. She sure could talk though.
              What's up with the haunted hearse thing? Give me a break. It is a car, nothing else. I used to work in a funeral parlor part time years ago. I've picked up dead bodies, seen the blood pumped out of them, and driven them in the hearse for real. I never saw one thing that creeped me out. Grossed me out maybe, but that's all. The whole world is a cemetery.

Comment

If all goes well, and I move to NC this July, Charleston SC would be a place I'd want to visit. A ghost tour would definately be something I'd do.

Comment

Working...
                X