West Springfield Dance Team - scary cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Springfield Dance Team - scary cool

I'm not in the habit of suggesting anyone watch "America's Got Talent", but I thought there might be some interest in these kids here. I think they're pretty badass.

They are a high school dance team that focuses on sort of "evil" or "scary" dance routines, which is unique in and of itself, but they are also very talented. Here are some of their auditions so far:

Americas Got Talent first appearance (Youtube show):

Americas Got Talent second appearance (Wild Card show):

Also, here is their 2011 NDA Nationals performance that they used as an audition for AGT. It is the same performance they did on the Youtube show, but they camera angles showcase the dance better. AGT kinda screwed up their first performance by cutting to too many wide shots and bad angles.

They are in the Semi-Finals, so they will have at least one more performance on AGT. I hope they do well so they will be seen again.
    Last edited by R U INJRD; 08-20-2011, 11:50 AM.

I like it, it's like a haunted house crew got bored.

As far as the dancing goes... amateurs.

[youtube]nDOPNLzEFH0[/youtube]

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
      I like it, it's like a haunted house crew got bored.

As far as the dancing goes... amateurs.
      It's cool, not sure if I'd call that dancing though, looked like alot of synchronized walking to me.

Comment

What you said:

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
        It's cool, not sure if I'd call that dancing though, looked like alot of synchronized walking to me.
        What I read:

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
        I don't understand what dancing is.
        Here's the thing, a lot of choreography went into that. While I like a lot of the music better in the scary dance troupe it wasn't anywhere near as good as that. Shit I can't think of many things that I've seen that are on par with that. Maybe this synchronized biking was posted here long ago:

[youtube]mTGLxjl9fvE[/youtube]

Point is, that's what a good group dance is, is synchronized movement on a massive scale.

Also I should point out you need to watch that video the whole way through to see all the awesome movement.

Comment

I guess I'm a "glass half full" type of guy. As Sharon Osbourne said in one of the clips, I prefer to think of them as amateur dancers that are dancing very professionally. They have room to grow, but I think they are off to a good start. I just like that they are doing something different than Glee.

Comment

I'll agree with that completely, although I see the glass as full, half with liquid, half with gas... just being realistic. Honestly I could see them doing some Vegas type circus O'ley shit in a few years during Halloween season if they worked at it.

Comment

Here is their semi-final performance. They were the last act selected to be in the top 10 final, so they will have one more performance on AGT that they will have a little more time than usual to prepare for:

Comment

Talented kids, they are fairly local to me too.

Comment

scary guy that video of the asians is awesome. it is like a mix of the Axe Gang from Kung fu Hustle and the Daft Punk music video for Around the World

Comment

Working...
                  X