Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do, what to do, with a wrecked car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do, what to do, with a wrecked car...

My 2004 Marquis with only 48,000 miles is pretty smashed up. Behind the firewall, everything looks fine, but it's really munched in the front. A stabilizer bar is torn out, wheels are screwed, core support bent. I'm waiting to get Mr. Crane pull the hood open so I can see if the engine was impacted.

What should I do with this car? It had no collision insurance. It could be repaired, but just the parts would be pricey. If I want to get rid of it, is it best to put an ad in craigslist or something and sell the car as-is? Any other ideas?

Were I in your position, I'd pull the drivetrain to sell on craigslist or ebay and scrap the rest if you're not willing to repair it yourself.

Comment

I agree, pull the drive train if it's in tact and sell it. Then take the body out to the desert put 50# of tannerite and shoot the bitch. Then sell whats left for scrap.

Something like this.....

[YOUTUBE]UYc6cZOSvB8[/YOUTUBE]

Be sure if you choose this route to record it so we can all enjoy.

You can buy it here....

Comment

If it will run long enough to make it to the nearest scrap metal place you might be able to get 200-300. Otherwise you're pretty limited to either parting it out, or hoping someone with the capacity to haul cars wants it either as a parts car or as scrap.

Comment

Looks like I may have to keep it intact for evidence. It's pretty obvious from looking at the left wheel what caused the accident. The tie rod popped and the left front wheel was trying to go left while I was trying to go right, back onto the road. It even jibes with the drawings that the cops made, nice drag mark across the road from one tire. I think I want a report from an independent mechanic before I move the car or jack it up, though. They're still trying to push a drug DUI on me for having a few immodium tablets in my purse. I probably can't afford an expert witness, but I could take the knuckle and tie rod into court and show them exactly what happened when it broke, and why it broke. After this case is settled, I don't give a shit what happens to the car. I'm going to be in the market for a pre-1974 pickup, if I can hang onto my driver's licence.

Comment

David, you are so fucking evil, giving me that link. Cuz you know when I finally get this bullshit settled, I'm going to need to do something to blow off steam. And that's one hell of an idea. Whatever I do, I promise pics or video.

Comment

.... can't wait for the video

Comment

Working...
              X