Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Hearse

Hey Guys,
    I know this is a long shot, but worth a try...

I'm a new small business owner that is looking for a Hearse in good running condition with a decent body condition. Problem is... I only have about $1100 to work with. I would like to use the Hearse for a company vehicle and to build the PR of my business. I have found one that has a pretty rough body but cant get any body panels that can be customized to work with. So I'm reaching out to see if anyone has one that they are willing to part with around the price I'm working with. I live in Southeast Michigan and willing to travel anywhere in Michigan, Ohio and Indiania. Thank you for you time. Dave (586) 703-8307

Originally posted by graven image View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I know this is a long shot, but worth a try...

I'm a new small business owner that is looking for a Hearse in good running condition with a decent body condition. Problem is... I only have about $1100 to work with. I would like to use the Hearse for a company vehicle and to build the PR of my business. I have found one that has a pretty rough body but cant get any body panels that can be customized to work with. So I'm reaching out to see if anyone has one that they are willing to part with around the price I'm working with. I live in Southeast Michigan and willing to travel anywhere in Michigan, Ohio and Indiania. Thank you for you time. Dave (586) 703-8307

Good luck man. That is a ton to ask for with that budget. IMO

Running coaches (road worthy) usually start about $1800, but look pretty shitty and or rotten.

Running and decent looking start about $2800 and go on up the better the condition no matter the years. If you are looking for older than 1976, be ready to spend some $$$$.

Hearses have gotten the point of interest that many people now collect them. They are not cheap old throw aways like they used to be years ago when a funeral home was done with them.

Comment

Thanks for your input... I do know its a lot of car for the amount I'm looking to pay. I would gladly pay much more if I had the extra cash but starting this business is draining me as it is. I was just putting it out there as a last resort... To be honest, I'm really not expecting to find anything. Just hoping someone might have one that needs minor mechanical repair such as a alternator, starter or something I could fix easy enough. I want to thank everyone that read my post and appoligize for wasting anyones time. Thanks again... Dave

Comment

It never hurts to ask, lol. You never know when someone needs to get rid of one in a hurry for a cheap price.

Good luck, I hope you find one.

Comment

Thanks! I know it probably will not happen... but never know unless I try...

Comment

I got an 87 Cadillac Eureka. It's been in storage for 2 years. It's rough, came from a funeral home in Detroit, then to a tattoo shop in Muskegon. I got it from one of their former tattoo artists. It's turned into the project I never got around to. I paid $500 and I'm getting sick of paying for storage every month but I don't wanna scrap a hearse either. It's in West Michigan.

Comment

Beautiful West Michigan. I grew up in Grand Haven MI. I hate the snow, and being cold. That's why I stayed in Tucson, AZ

Comment

That's just north of here. I'm in Holland. I've about had enough. I love it here in the summer, but I'm ready to start migrating.

Comment

I would like to thank everyone that chimmed in about my post looking for a Hearse. Most of you are very supportive! I did however get one private email wher I was told I shouldnt waste my time looking for a Hearse for my company car. I should look for a van ... This is my responce... If I wanted a van, I wouldn't be on this site looking for a hearse. I am going to be 50 this year, I do not go off half cocked and not think my decesions through anymore. My company is a metal art company, I love making metal art for the Halloween, Gothic, and horror styles. I also have been involved with quite a few Hearse clubs and would like to join one. My goal is to make custom window signs for Hearses and possibly other custom items like a metal frame for the dividing window behind the seat. So yes... I know what I want...
                  Now for my credit... look what I found for $1100 1980 Buick Estate with a little over 65,000 miles. Runs and drives beautiful! Body is a little rough on the rear quarters but I have a friend who is a great fabricator... Thanks Guys!!!1980buickeureka.jpg

Comment

Cool, glad you found one.

Good luck with your biz too.

Comment

I love those. Great find!

Comment

I'm glad you found what you were looking for, and you found a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by graven image View Post
                          My goal is to make custom window signs for Hearses
                          those go for decent prices. i think i paid about $160 or so for mine which were custom made.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                            those go for decent prices. i think i paid about $160 or so for mine which were custom made.

Water jet cut from metal for $65.00/pair + shipping
                            Last edited by Jus" Roach; 03-11-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post
                              Water jet cut from metal for $65.00 + shipping
                              that's about what i paid for mine each, and i had three made.

Comment

Working...
                              X