JFK's hearse @ auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK's hearse @ auction

Went to Kruse's site to check out JFK's '64 MM. Pretty damn sharp in white.

(Yes, I noticed the '63 plates too.)

Happens to be a custom '64 Series 75 limo coming up as well.

Since Kruse is owned by eBay the post went here.

Wow. Both very nice. Too bad they're probably wicked expensive.

Comment

They've tried to sell that "JFK hearse" a ton of times already in different auctions, and from what i've read online the problem is no one can prove it's the hearse actually used in the JFK funeral, so the museums & history buffs are staying away from it only because of a lack of documentation.

Comment

Well, considering JFK was shot and killed November 22, 1963 I guess this would be one of the first 64's put out and if that funeral home purchased a new coach in November the odds would be better I assume along with checking the build date on this one. Did coach builders put out new models early like regular automobile makers or were you still buying a '63 until late December?? I would guess it all, is in the dates and if they match. I've seen this one a lot over the years too dwayne. Henry Ford Museum in Michigan has the limo he was shot in. Pretty awesome looking car in person.

Comment

I heard the Pontiac ambulance that he rode to the hospital in was destroyed, it was own by the military and the casket was disposed of at sea. The reason was to prevent them from becoming macabre souvenirs of the assassination. For some reason he had two caskets. The hearse was not destroyed, because it was owned by the funeral home.

Comment

Interesting facts, did not know that. I know the hearse that had oswald sold at auction for $54,000.00 I believe a few years ago. This may have gone up a few times too for sale. I'm surprised with the JFK hearse being owned privately or not that the FEDs did not force the vehicle destroyed too.

Comment

that hearse is perfect. it looks like it came right off the assembly line.

Comment

Any idea how much that 64 went for?

Comment

A sober symbol of American history drives up to the auction block in January. An enthusiast with the right bid will be able to drive home in the hearse that held the body of John F. Kennedy to Love Field right after his assassination in Dallas in 1963. Resource for this article: JFK hearse to go on auction block in January

Comment

Working...
                  X