Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats awesome!!!!!! too bad original motor still isnt in her

Comment

I wonder if that is an ambulance. A good friend of mine had a 53' Courier that was identicle but it was nothing more than a sedan delivery. Fancy words for 2 door wagon. Its missing jump seats. Originaly a v8 but now has a 6 that is kind of odd?? And the etched art glass is rather plain. Plain enough to do yourself in the back yard with some tape and a sand blaster. And it you notice only one side has art glass. Plus it was black and white which is a very odd color for a ambulance not doing double duty as a hearse and I've never seen a combo with art glass. No holes for beacon lights? No evidence of a 2 way radio ever being installed. And a lack of partition. This one is fishy to me. I think it is nothing more than a wagon with a cross etched on a window.

His add forgot to mention it hauled Ty Cobb!
      Last edited by 60Buick; 07-02-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Buick View Post

His add forgot to mention it hauled Ty Cobb!

Comment

The only thing that makes me believe it was originally an ambulance is the rear loading door. The 2 door wagons & "handyman" wagons (with no rear side glass) had a 2 piece tailgate, not a loading door.

Alot of early industry & coal mines had special built ambulances like this on-hand for emergencies. They don't seem to surface very often & when they do there's very little history known about them.

Comment

Noticed the door as well. Seller should have @ least included a couple interior shots. Then again, 'prolly didn't cross his mind that anyone would question this being an ambulance.

Comment

I think I'd be more suspicious if he claimed it had carried somebody famous. That only one window still has the ambulance marking is a clue to it being authentic. Why only do the one window? Wouldn't you do both? Frankly, I don't know too many faked ambulances out there, and how much that would increase the value.

Comment

Working...
              X