Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible first buy, thoughts?

Hey all,

I'm planning on getting this, any thoughts, comments, suggestions before I do?

It'll be my first hearse and I am prepared to put in the time and money

Well, with a $300 starting bid & NO takers, I suggest if you want it... throw a bid of the MAXIMUM amount you'll spend on it right off the bat. It'll only bid $300 even if you offer $1000 but make sure you throw your maximum you'll spend at it right away, that way in the final minutes when other bidders start trying to lowball... your "maximum bid" automatically tops theirs until they bid above your maximum bid.

Read the description carefully, it has an engine & tranny but they're not in the coach. Also it states that there's no interior in the coach but they do have it all. In the pix it has an interior in it. It would be a great project but needs alot of work obviously... so stew it over & remember the maximum bid thing... if you don't bid your maximum you're willing to pay you could lose it while the lowballers are scrambling to top your bid in the final minutes/seconds!

Comment

I was looking at this coach last nite ... she's pretty rough ... but could be saved with LOTS 'o work & $$$ ... Price is'nt bad (Yet) ..... be a looong time before ya get to enjoy it ..... ya might want to keep look'n ?? A great Year Coach & would be sweet when finished .... did I confuse ya yet ??? Anyway, keep us updated on your quest for your 1st Pro Car !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
        Well, with a $300 starting bid & NO takers, I suggest if you want it... throw a bid of the MAXIMUM amount you'll spend on it right off the bat. It'll only bid $300 even if you offer $1000 but make sure you throw your maximum you'll spend at it right away, that way in the final minutes when other bidders start trying to lowball... your "maximum bid" automatically tops theirs until they bid above your maximum bid.

Read the description carefully, it has an engine & tranny but they're not in the coach. Also it states that there's no interior in the coach but they do have it all. In the pix it has an interior in it. It would be a great project but needs alot of work obviously... so stew it over & remember the maximum bid thing... if you don't bid your maximum you're willing to pay you could lose it while the lowballers are scrambling to top your bid in the final minutes/seconds!
        No, here's what people should do, you think up how much you want to pay in advance. Watch for when the auction ends and then as soon as it's about to put in your starting and maximum bid. That way you don't have assholes that keep raising the price trying to top your bid.

I just think my way is better but if you can explain why my logic is wrong go for it.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the advice.

As for the auction, I'm waiting till last couple mins. I'm hoping there aren't too many others wanting it.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting myself into something impossible!

This one is the only one I've found in my price range, so I'm really hoping I get it.

He's already said he'd tow it to me here in Phx

Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
            No, here's what people should do, you think up how much you want to pay in advance. Watch for when the auction ends and then as soon as it's about to put in your starting and maximum bid. That way you don't have assholes that keep raising the price trying to top your bid.

I just think my way is better but if you can explain why my logic is wrong go for it.
            Your way will work great too, especially if you have time to watch the auction & bid your maximum right at the end. 2 hours to go & still no bids

Comment

I really like this Superior if it stays under a grand. Metal looks very good - which is where considerable money can be spent.

Glass looks good too. Interior will get redone anyway. Notice seller does not state WHAT engine goes with the coach. It could be a Ford and not the correct Cadillac 429 for all you know... You may even find a running 472 or 500 locally to fit with some modification.

And if you're outsniped in the closing seconds - don't fret. I know of more in NM and will update those tomorrow.

Comment

Cool, lets hope I get it. There is one bid in, but I'm waiting till last min.

I can't afford anything close to a grand, if I don't get this one I'd like to see whats in NM

Less then an hour to go!

Comment

well it went for 610. oh well!!

Let me know if you see anything in the AZ area for cheap

Comment

Don't let this deter you. Let everyone you know you're in the market for a hearse, and more than likely, they'll tip you off to one.
                    Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Comment

That 610 is only the beginning of what you would have had to pay for that hearse. Unless you have a pasion for 1964's, and I'm sure that may be a favorite year for some, try to find a hearse in good condition to begin with. Unless you have your own shop, and can do your own work, restoring a hearse can be very expensive. I got in trouble with code enforcement over a few coaches I owned, and it is always better to make sure it is at least drivable, so at least it can go where you need it, to have work done on the coach.

Comment

Thanks Otto, Thats good advice. I'm going to keep looking around. there is a 72 here in Phx for 1200 with an owner who is willing to let me make payments on it, what do you think?

Comment

If it's in good condition, and you wouldn't need to do more then register and insure it, that could be a perfect 1st time hearse. One of the things I've always liked about 1972's are the front end, with the vented grille. In 1973, G.M. started putting ungainly front bumpers on the commercial chassis, which would be a better look in 1975 with the introduction of square headlights. If this coach has a side loading table, take care of that, because those are getting really hard to find.

Comment

I agree with Otto, something about Them 72 front ends People seem to like.

Comment

This is the best advise from Zach's site, http://www.hearseclub.com/resources/...ingahearse.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X