1961 Eureka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Eureka

Reply to: sale-n5qvw-2372354430@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For Sale: 1961 Cadillac Hearse, built by Eureka Coach Company. this car is all original. It has 58,000 miles, it needs restoration as it has been setting in a building since the 1980's. It was last started and driven around the block in 1999. It was started and run about once a year up intil that time. The car does not have a title (lost) and the BMV does not have a record of it as it was last plated in 1981. So you are buying it without a title just a bill of sale. The car is Chicago gray with a redish interior. There is some rust but it is very restorable. WWW tires. It cranks over with a battery but would need work to run. Been kept indoors all these years. No cracks in the glass and dash. 390 V8 engine. Must be towed, Sold AS-IS. Located in Medaryville, Indiana about 80 miles from Chicago 219-776-8374 if interested. NO SPAM!

Ugh this car is perfect BUT the missing title is the only thing that sucks....

Comment

I hope it finds a good home ..... would love to have it inspite of lack of title

Comment

Tim was asking the same price several years ago ('05?) when a wild hair struck to sell then. A friend in Chicago came very close to purchasing before a '60 Eureka 3-way (also missing table) turned up.

More than fair given rarity and condition. Items like good windshield ($1k) and good dash pad ($800) add up quickly.

Comment

I have (oddly enough) laid hands on this coach before. It is as nice as it looks. The price is VERY reasonable. ONE issue. That square on the roof? It's a vent not manufactured for a car...

Comment

Coach was used as a flower car by the funeral home, which necessitated the FD having that roof vent installed to assist air flow to the flowers. (Wonder how that actually worked out...) Seems like that could have been the time the table was removed to increase headroom as well. Anyway - here are larger images for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

I love the fins on that. Gorgeous hearse, to bad the table is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TaylorSGilman View Post
                Ugh this car is perfect BUT the missing title is the only thing that sucks....
                You don't need a title for a car that old in Ct., just a bill of sale. They'll do VIN verification, but that's it. I just sold my 76 Olds I had for 11 yrs and even back then it was too old to need one at registration. They never issued me one either and the guy who bought it from me got a bill of sale only. They gave him a plate apparently, he's driving it.
                Buy that sucker! A Eureka with suicide doors is nothing to sneeze at. That roof bubble is repulsive, but that can be dealt with.
                Last edited by Mohawk Freak; 05-14-2011, 01:52 AM.

Comment

...I did not know that Mohawk and I will keep that in mind later on...BUT I called the seller and he said there are rust holes and I should "assume the worst" with the engine...haha the guy wasn't a very good sales man but I hope this car gets a good home instead of gathering dust. It's out of my budget with transportation and work needed on it.

Comment

Were it closer to me, it would be mine... He used to own my 61 M+M... Cool guy, honest too.

Comment

My 57 Eureka did not have a title. It cost me a few hundred dollars, but I was able to get a legal title in my name.

I used http://www.getnewtitle.com/ Of course I just looked and the price jumped up.

I would NEVER use Broadway title. I know a lot of states won't deal with titlework from that company.

Comment

kOoL find & a great lookin' ride...

Comment

Working...
                        X