Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay find! 1951 Packard which now belongs to my husband.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay find! 1951 Packard which now belongs to my husband.

I'm a newbie here. But sure glad to be here! Last night I won the auction for a 1951 Packard Hearse. It's in Denver so it's going to be a week before we see it. My husband has wanted a hearse for a long time. But it had to be just the right one and fall with in our budget. Well it happened! This girl is a beauty! Check out the link!

Think he's naming her Morticia! Can't wait to see the smile on his face when she's delivered!

Welcome to NHAA Shadowlette. Very nice Henney - Packard landau! Looks like it was a 3-way originally, the suicide doors open fully with no door pillar so the casket table could extend out whichever side door was opened.
    I HIGHLY recommend you buy the "Henney Motor Company - The Complete History" to learn all about your new hearse. If I remember right Henney had an exclusive deal with Packard for building coaches.

The book is on Amazon for $58.36 and these prices do go way up once out-of-print

The emblem you can see in one of the auction photos, at the bottom of the front fenders just behind the tire will say "Henney"

Since you're new and not knowing if you & your husband know hearses, here's a couple shots of similar coaches to yours so you can see what it would have looked like with the original casket table (options were electric or manual table):

The photos and info are easily available all over the internet, you'll have no problem learning all about your new coach. Enjoy it and don't be a stranger, you're in the company of a bunch of people who LOVE these cars... obviously!

Comment

Here's a link to the Henney-Packard company history page on Coachbuilt.com (save this site to your favorites, it's full of information on ALL coachbuilders)

Click this link http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/h/henney/henney.htm

Comment

Is that the same year and style from the movie The Hearse? Great looking coach

Comment

It is indeed! Thanks.

Comment

1951 Packard

I'm glad to see the Packard has found a loving home as I was literally minutes away from buying it a few days before it went on Ebay.I stumbled across the '57 sideloader and simply could not pass it up! Dwayne is a GREAT guy and if he has a coach up for sale...you can bet he'll do you right on it... again...really glad the Packard has found such a good home!

Comment

great link, hotrodwayne! thanks! oh, and the packard is a beatiful car! great find and I hope to see more pics!

Comment

Belonged to NHAA member EvilElvis.

Let me know if you want that back door glass. I have an entire rear spare door.

Comment

May need it, I'll have to see what plans are.

The guy that sold us the Hearse says he has a back glass to go in it. He just wants more money for it than our budget will allow currently. In 2 weeks that will change. Our budget that is. So we will see how things play out. If we have the money to go ahead and pay Dwayne for the back glass before we get the hearse shipped we will do that so he can ship it with the car. If not and you still have the back glass later we may buy from you. It's all in how the numbers are going to fall.

Thanks,
                  Shadowlette

Comment

Use Martin Rousseau for open transport. (Suggested frequently but you're new here.) Licensed, bonded, insured, oversize, inop - and you won't find a cheaper price. I turned Dwayne onto him a few years back. 720.280.1010

Comment

Working...
                    X