chopped '64 Miller Meteor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chopped '64 Miller Meteor

Reserve met in less than 2 days. Should prove fun to follow. There are MANY pics in auction and I've included a couple already saved on laptop. Praise the Lowered!

The interior looks like buttered ass, all messy.

Comment

i think its chopped to low. i would have went with a sock cad windshield instead of a hearse one, and then left the rear door at full heigth and raked it down like a wedge to the stock cad windshield with the original top, not that rag top looking thing.

Comment

I like the paint job, the side pipes, and the machine guns. The interior looks like crap and so does the roof. WTF wire mesh spread over a tube frame then covered in vinyl????. Personally I have never been a fan of chop tops and have seen very few of them that I thought really looked good, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
          i think its chopped to low. i would have went with a sock cad windshield instead of a hearse one, and then left the rear door at full heigth and raked it down like a wedge to the stock cad windshield with the original top, not that rag top looking thing.
          sound just like cargoyle
          cargoyle6.jpg

Comment

Execution and attention to detail aside, this is a viable solution to acquiring a 21' vintage coach with the roof already cut off.

Chesty, your suggestion involves monumental work restructuring not only roof but A, B, and C pillars, pie cutting D pillar...for a very nominal end result. There were 4 different height windshields including commercial glass used in '59-'60 GM. Even if staying with that style (passenger cars had moved onto straighter glass in '61) and using the lowest would result in a mere 2.5"+/- drop. Spread out over that longroof>>>>>not much!

I do think a canted roof would look bitchin' on a '65-'68 hearse, especially '67-'68 mimicking headlight stagger. Cargoyle's door window lines just don't look right.

Comment

I've always been a fan of the "Carson" topped kustoms of the 40's & 50's...

Comment

Originally posted by staynedglass View Post
                sound just like cargoyle
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11503[/ATTACH]
                ya pretty much just like that. i think i will do that if i ever get a bad windshield since replacements are supposed to be hard to get i will just just the passanger car version like the one i have but shorter, then start cutting the rest to fit it.

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                Chesty, your suggestion involves monumental work restructuring not only roof but A, B, and C pillars, pie cutting D pillar...for a very nominal end result. There were 4 different height windshields including commercial glass used in '59-'60 GM. Even if staying with that style (passenger cars had moved onto straighter glass in '61) and using the lowest would result in a mere 2.5"+/- drop. Spread out over that longroof>>>>>not much!.
                any idea where on the windshield its different size on my 64 between it and the 59 cad car windshield? might be able to use a car windshield and just fab a visor and filler plate if its just the top. or if its the bottom it could be a wiper cowl fab.

Comment

Footprint of windshield base remains constant, as does top width. The difference in each model is in the length of A pillars, hence height.

I'll breakdown further in your '64 thread.

Comment

any idea where on the windshield its different size on my 64 between it and the 59 cad car windshield? might be able to use a car windshield and just fab a visor and filler plate if its just the top. or if its the bottom it could be a wiper cowl fab.[/QUOTE]

Ya know i have been thinking about that for a while now. There was a 59 MM on e-bay a little while ago that had a windshield like that . I wasn't sure if it was a visor or a filler plate. I thought it looked kinda bad ass myself.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

here is a u tube link . The hearse mentioned comes into full view at 2minuts 3 seconds in check it out.

Comment

ya that thing looks great! i might just make a custom visor for that look before i need a new windshield.

coolhears windshied.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X