1968 pontiac bonneville ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 pontiac bonneville ambulance

Hello all! Ive been trying to get registered on this site for some time and i finally succeceed!

I am redoing a 1968 pontiac bonneville superior ambulance and a 1968 cadillac superior ambulance. The pontiac is just out of the paint shop and i need all the weatherstripping for the car. Ive been looking for some time but just havent seen the right stuff. Im sure you that have redone one of these can tell me exactly where to go. I am really excited to finally get access to this website!! My plan is to keep the pontiac all original and im not sure about the cadillac.

Please send me info at hillisdonald@gmail or post here. Thank you in advance for your help. I invite all opinions and suggestions. Im in the realty and auction business and not mechanically minded at all. So i have to ask lots of questions so that my ambulance turns out like i want it to. One more thing i need to know where all these car shows are for hearses and ambulances. I live in tennessee.

thanks again!!

Hello and welcome.

Please post some pics when you can.

Comment

pics or it didnt happen!

Comment

As another 68 Pontiac owner, I would love to see some pics. Is it a regular ambulance or a military ambulance? I know a guy that made a sweet 68 Pontiac Navy ambluance out of a Combo. But the only other regular 68 Pontiac have seen was owned by the man I bought my Combo from in Ohio.

Comment

A friend of mine in Minnesota did a 2500 foot run of replicated Miller/Meteor weatherstripping, but he sold out of it eventually. He developed this product and owns the rights to the molds/production.
          Since there's been more interest lately, he's considering another run of it. You can buy from him by the foot... and typically people bought 100 feet to do all 5 doors of their hearses and ambulances. He's here on NHAA as "Cuda Mike" i believe, and may chime in on your post if he sees it. Shoot him a private message if not.

Comment

Okay, yes I am here and checking in on the latest soap opera. Nothing to do with this reply. So, SUPERIOR is what we are talking about and I own one as well. However sucessful or not the last extrusion of Miller Meteor rubber was that we had custom made, it is not what is used on our coachs, yours or mine. The closest I can find to an adequate replacement gasket comes from two sources for your choice or discretion. METRO MOULDED RUBBER in Minneapolis, Minnesota sells a Part # LP-42 rubber weatherstrip profile that resembles the original with somewhat of a lesser base. You can see it at their site, or order a sample. Another choice is STEELE RUBBER PRODUCTS SPECIALTY CATALOG for a sample if you request one, would be the Part # 70-0491-73 I learned from the sample request that the the (Diagram) not a picture, of the product does not reflect precisely what the product actually looks like in hand. I am having a difficult time ordering either product because I was sucessful in redesigning the MM stuff, so now I am thinking of doing a second run of MM weather stripping to fund a project to do a Superior redesigned extrusion for myself and others. One issue with the original gaskets is that they shrunk and collasped. So I like the idea of a bit more bulk built into the profile to suit my preferences. Price on the Steele product is $4.50 per foot I am guessing the Metro product may be $3.50- $3.75 just a guess. If a do a second run I personally need to sell my product at $3.50 per foot, so I can fund the Superior rubber redesign. The $2.50 I charged was a mistake, I was anxious to get the product out after 8 1/2 months of working on it and folks hanging in with me to get the end product. The customers that got some of the 2500 feet did not just buy 100 feet each. Most bought 200 feet and then the friend that helped me redesign and test the product bought 600 feet and I had to give him a discount since he refused free. I did save 200 feet for myself, because I am so tempted to use the product on the Superior of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
              pics or it didnt happen!
              I will get some pics on next few days.

Comment

My ambulance is not a navy edition. I think is was last in service in table rock illinois. Actually found a pic on the Internet where it was still in service as a back up ambulance sitting outside a one bay ems station. I want to find that pic and post
                That too. Gonna keep it original. I have bought all the Motorola radios including the rotary dial head control that was used to call into the hospital back in the day.

Comment

Will you be doing this anytime soon?

Comment

Mine was from Indy.

Comment

Any photo updates for us yet paramedic0567?

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
                        pics or it didnt happen!
                        I didn't happen..... Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                        X