Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking the hearse parade record for our 100th anniversary....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking the hearse parade record for our 100th anniversary....

Hello all. I am trying to put a few feelers out to the hearse and professional car clubs. I work at a funeral home in a small Wisconsin town on Lake Michigan. In 2013 we will be celebrating 100 years of business under the same family. In trying to think of something cool to mark this rare anniversary I thought maybe trying to break the record for a hearse parade was in order. We are going to be 100 so I think having over 107 hearses would be really cool. The owner is up for it, I just wanted to get some feedback and any input on how to go about breaking a world record. Thank you in advance for your time and any advice.

Honestly it was hard as hell just trying to get 68 cars to show up, at an event that everyone who owns a hearse probably knows about, which has gone on for over ten years now.

It better be warm, that's about all I can say. You can talk to Stephen Frey about it if you want and he'll tell you how much of a PITA it is to set it up too.

I say just throw a kickass party and invite a ton of people. But if you decide to actually try this I wish you the best of luck and hell I'll even try to show up (although Wisconson is pretty far).

I think if the record attempt were held in a more central state (like Ohio) it might have a better chance of gathering more people.

Anyway thanks for your post and please keep us informed on any developments.

Comment

I agree. if you are going to try something, you need to have a bigger event than just a hearse parade. You need to make it worth someone's while if they are going to travel long distances and book a hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post
        how much of a PITA it is to set it up too.
        Yep. And like Scary Guy says, pretty much every hearse owner already knows about our event in Hell.

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
        I agree. if you are going to try something, you need to have a bigger event than just a hearse parade. You need to make it worth someone's while if they are going to travel long distances and book a hotel.
        Agreed. Hellfest is our annual all hearse car show. We started doing the parade in 2010 (43 hearses) and set the record in 2011 with 51 hearses. This year we had 68. It was a biggest and best Hearse Show ever. The parade is just a bonus at the end.

Comment

I'll be very interested to see how many coaches we get to come out to the NHAA meet in May.

Comment

when are you thinking about throwing the party? where are you thinking about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Frybrain View Post
              It was a biggest and best Hearse Show ever.
              Maybe the biggest, but I wouldn't say the best. I really miss the years before the stupid golf course took up half of the lot space.

I also miss not having the attention of the peanut gallery. Maybe a few friends I have that don't own hearses sure, but I go for the other hearse owners and couldn't care less about the common folk.

But it is what it is now and I'm fine with it. I can still say I was a former world record holder (and hopefully next year we will be again.)

You should check into making an event just for us owners though.

Comment

Not quite sure when, as I was just putting feelers out, but most likely in the summer months. The place would have to be where we are located. North of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. To celebrate the funeral home's 100th anniversary in a state that we are not even licensed to practice is not going to happen. Yes we were going to make worth your time to attend and hold it in conjunction with other events in the area.

I will most likely give up on the idea based on the replies I have received.
                Last edited by abnba; 10-11-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Kwel deal, I just wanted a idea where about in Wisconsin..it's kind of a big area. any camp grounds or "other sites" that some one could crash at? I have my hearse set up for weekending on, and it'll save me the money that a motel cost to use in gas.

Comment

Originally posted by abnba View Post
                    Not quite sure when, as I was just putting feelers out, but most likely in the summer months. The place would have to be where we are located. North of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. To celebrate the funeral home's 100th anniversary in a state that we are not even licensed to practice is not going to happen. Yes we were going to make worth your time to attend and hold it in conjunction with other events in the area.

I will most likely give up on the idea based on the replies I have received.
                    Well don't let our comments dissuade you too much, because if you don't do it at all then it won't ever happen. You don't know if you don't try.

In any case keep us posted on what happens, especially if you go for the record. If not just have fun throwing a kick ass party, hearses or no hearses.

Comment

I will still keep trying and will keep all posted. I have time to plan, was just having a bad morning.

HearseJr. there are several campgrounds nearby.

Comment

that would make it a lot easier for me if they don't go and try to get rich off one customer and allow a hearse in the place. I do have a tent if that makes it easier for them to rent me a spot but I'd end up sleeping in the hearse with my mini tv and mini fridge..lol.

Comment

Shit I'd just pull into a rest area and sleep there for free with the semi trucks

Comment

LOL I was thinking about the same thing. lol. Around here there are truck stops with showers and just about anything you could ever need. ..but it's like $3 just to use the shower!

Comment

Working...
                            X