Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need everyone's input on a forum upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need everyone's input on a forum upgrade.

So the latest and greatest version of our forum software is out and there is a discount for upgrades:

Last time I did a major upgrade to the site I had great hopes for all this amazing content, but it just never really materialized (mostly my fault, I didn't manage it as a project very well and didn't see it through to fruition). So the great questions are: A) Would you be willing to kick in a few bucks so I don't have to cover the entire $209? B) If we add the extra features for more pictures, videos, articles and social network 'stuff', will you actually use it?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I don't post often outside the NolaHearse page, but I couldn't pass this up
    All the upgrades/features look useful. You shouldn't have to pay that yourself. I'm sure besides your time, there are other site expenses. There are so many member on here, and you do so much already, I think it's time for 'member dues'. It wouldn't have to be much (to keep cheap people from b!tching) even 5,10,15,or 20 dollars a year, just something to keep you from having to shell out anything and to keep the members as official members.

I'm sure you've seen other forums, that if you're not a registered (paid) member, you are limited to what you can do in the forums, and something like that would be ideal for here. All guests could still post, but to get everything unlocked they would have to register. Someone I know would say: to keep the riff-raff out, and that's true too!

So I'm all for 'dues' if that's a route you'd like to take in the future.
    Thanks.

Comment

I would kick in a few bucks if we can keep this forum active. I really think it needs to be more super phone friendly, that would get more people back on.

Comment

I love this place just the way it is, lol.

I personally don't see any reason to change it. (it's simple and it works great! I thank you for that.)

Comment

best way to donate? i am all for mobile optimization

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
            I would kick in a few bucks if we can keep this forum active. I really think it needs to be more super phone friendly, that would get more people back on.
            I use my Droid RAZR exclusively for all internet. So many people do. Sometimes this forums quirky. Its tricky to reply. Another forum, its brutal to use and reply on mobile. Certainly a thought. I still check the NHAA every day.

Comment

Hard to say. Most all DE conversations happen on facebook. i'd hate to spend a bunch of money upgrading the forum software and still have it be relatively slow over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
                I love this place just the way it is, lol.

I personally don't see any reason to change it. (it's simple and it works great! I thank you for that.)
                What he said

Comment

Doesnt matter to me. If you want to upgrade, i'll kick in 5 bucks

Comment

dont do it, its gonna cause unforseen problems, lets keep it like it is.

Comment

I don't think we use all the features we have now. The only reason to do an upgrade is to combat spambots and close off any potential security holes, (which assuming the company is worth a shit they will provide patches to do that for free anyway).

If you do upgrade I will try to kick in, because I owe you more than I can repay anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X