Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cranked up the settings on the anti-spam stuff for the site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranked up the settings on the anti-spam stuff for the site.

Might make it difficult for bots to register - I don't suspect that normal people will have a problem.

I also added the 'random picture' thing on the main forum page. Enjoy.

I thought we already had the random picture thing on there?

Sorry for the delay in the reply too. Went out to the club.

Comment

long live the captcha!

Comment

We did, but I also added a thing that checks against a spammer database to validate the user, it makes you answer a human question and it uses the captcha.

Comment

Also changed up the URLs a bit to make them more search engine friendly.

Also, made it so that you get an honest assortment of the threads you missed since your last visit instead of expiring them so quickly.

Comment

Is there any way to make it use the .org domain rather than the .net?

I mean since we're a hearse club association (too bad there is no .asc domain extension so .org has to work) and not an internet hosting provider :P

Comment

But we are a network of different clubs.

Comment

You're an IT professional. Don't argue with me, I know you know better.

Second section :P

I suppose it nolonger matters but I'm a bit of a purist I guess.

Comment

Truthfully I bought the .net first and set everything up with it - including the license for the vbulletin software. Bought the .org later and am trying to get the .com now but I refuse to pay much for it from the squatters (and I tried to explain to them - I'm your only market for this name, I own the other 2 TLDs already and I'm not willing to pay more than $50 for it.). I could probably switch it to the .org but I don't really feel like the effort. =)

Comment

Working...
                  X