Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you think to ask about the tires if you read this auction description?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you think to ask about the tires if you read this auction description?

Recent introspection has led me to question the nature of ownership with regards to my 'stuff' so I've been throwing out a world of junk and putting random items on ebay at freebie listing prices. One such item is a 1972 Beetle drag car project. Literally, I've described the interior color as "rust or aluminum where available, ground otherwise" and the trim package is labeled "tetanus". I took what I believed to be enough pictures to convey an accurate description of the car.

The first set of questions I got were asking about the condition of the tires and whether or not there was any rot on the underside of the body. It made me chuckle and since I know I'm around other lust for rust characters on this forum I thought I'd share. Has anyone else sold such a project and gotten the impression a buyer expected to show up with a battery and drive it home?

You can see the auction with pictures and description below if you're interested.

To bad you never finished it, would have been cool.

Comment

Your pics are accurate. Let the potential buter know the tires ar x years old, and let them decide if they think its a turn key car. From the pics, the tires would be my last concern.

Comment

Up to almost $500. Probably more than you would get for scrap in my area.

Comment

Working...
        X