Should the Curtains Match the Carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Curtains Match the Carpet?

So it will be awhile before I can get all the upholstery done in the hearse, but since the passerby can't really see inside should I make new curtains that match the interior....or just go with something different? I have the originals but they are seriously faded (after 26 yrs they should be!) so I'd like to dress him up a bit.
    Opinions?

Originally posted by Koffinduster View Post
    So it will be awhile before I can get all the upholstery done in the hearse, but since the passerby can't really see inside should I make new curtains that match the interior....or just go with something different? I have the originals but they are seriously faded (after 26 yrs they should be!) so I'd like to dress him up a bit.
    Opinions?
    The nice things about curtains, is they are easier to change than paint. I'd keep the originals for patterns, and choose fabric that both appeals to you, and compliments at least the exterior. You could even do an additional more gothic style curtain for say Halloween.

Comment

my curtains do not match the interior. I think you can see them in my signature. i have the beige interiors.

Comment

Ask yourself if you think more people will view coach from outside of it or from within rear compartment.

Comment

It's always nice when the curtains match the carpet, as long as there is carpet. If there is no carpet then the curtains definitely do not need to match.

Comment

Ryan - I had never looked inside your car until Asheville, I had no idea that your interior was beige and not blue.

Comment

And I think David is talking about something completely unrelated.

Comment

So true LMS, so true Which is why my hair is blue :P
                Maybe I'll have a few pairs made and switch 'em up.

Comment

And I think David is talking about something completely unrelated.
                  I interpreted the question as best I could and gave an honest answer.

Comment

i definitely prefer the tan interior.

Comment

That 58 Eureka I had last year had a pink front seat and I have to admit a certain fondness for a pink interior. Nappy ass shag carpeting though, I think I'd prefer hardwood if I had kept it around long enough. Totally would have worked with the blue curtains that you pull on.

//what? No, seriously:

Comment

fun fact: pink was considered a manly color in the victorian era.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                          fun fact: pink was considered a manly color in the victorian era.
                          and in the early 90s lol

Comment

Working...
                          X