Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are your plans for your car to get ready for Asheville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are your plans for your car to get ready for Asheville?

Because I know everyone is going to go - what are you going to need to get done between now and then to get your car ready for the trip or to make it better than last year?

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
    Because I know everyone is going to go - what are you going to need to get done between now and then to get your car ready for the trip or to make it better than last year?
    4 Gallons of PB Blaster
    650+ Gallons of Diesel
    9 Gallons of paint
    Countless spools of welding wire
    10 Cases of oil
    Countless expletives
    12 Hail Mary's
    2 Sweeeet baby Jesus's
    Plus 1 other good procar transporter

Tolerance and forgiveness - Probably not gonna happen IMO.

Comment

First I need to decide which coach to take.

Comment

maybe tackle that crack in the side of abigail if i get brave.

Comment

Probably going to let it sit until the day before and give it a quick test drive.

Comment

I'm still working on fixing stuff from the wreck year before last. I haven't driven Abbie more than a couple miles since Asheville. The way she was I probably shouldn't have driven her to Asheville, but I'm glad I got to and would do it again.

Comment

Buy a new battery since I have a dead cell, install new rims, and hope for an act of congress to be able to get the time off work. Maybe upgrade from that quadra-junk carburator so I don't have to rob a bank for gas money.

Comment

There might be another transmission in my future if I can't figure out what the fuck is wrong with this one.

Depending on how much that costs to fix, that might decide what other stuff I'm able to get done between now and then.

Comment

Got the Ball joints and tires replaced on our Pall bearer rig, so it looks like I can get my vehicle there without the assist of a tow truck.

Comment

Anybody got any updates?

Morticia took a trip around the block a few weeks ago but had an electrical issue. I've since built a new alternator bracket, eliminated the smog pump, fired her up and she DOESN'T FUCKING MOVE!!! So, as soon as I can I'm pull the transmission yet again - I think it's the pump this time. I do worry that I cut the snout on the converter a little short, so if I did I'll probably put the stock converter back in just to see if she'll move again (although I'll measure while out of the car. It's not beyond reason that I could weld a collar back on it and recreate some of the length taken off if it is indeed too short.

Also while under there last time I discovered that most of the front end bushings are toast and she needs shocks, so I'll be doing that shortly too.

Comment

Didn't make last year, my loss, maybe wash car? I keep ole blue ready to go and hope It will make the drive for this one.

Comment

Just made hotel reservations for friday and saturday night with you guys, they couldn't give me thursday night yet, said no more saved rooms but for me to call monday and they would try to get me one. Looks like about 175 miles and probably 4 hours driving time for me.

Comment

We should have more thursday night rooms available now.

Comment

Can finally answer since figuring out which coach I'm taking! (It's a new one.) Replace driver turn signal lens, diagnosis non-working turn signals, repair pseudo-working power locks, get front fender running/headlight indicator lights working, find glass molding connecting clips, and swap front seat. Maybe - just maybe - get rid of ghetto ass whitewalls.

All in all a fairly light list comparatively.

Then decide which casket/coffin/sarcophagus to take.

Comment

I have to do a complete value and head job on Flatline due to burnt value. Hoping to get those done so I can make it with a coach. Look forward to the event again this year.

Thomas
                              1970 MM Lifeliner

Comment

Working...
                              X