New form central Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New form central Illinois

I new to the site. I don't have a hearse yet but have wanted one for a very long time. Its tax time coming up so hope to procure one as soon as I get my refund. I've been looking hard trying to find one close to home but don't think its going to happen that way. The ones I have looked at just are not worth the effort. If anyone is from my part of the state and can point me the right way [hopefully not towards the door] I'd be thankful.

welcome!

Comment

Whats your budget?

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the NHAA. You've come to the right place.

Comment

Howdy!

Comment

A few things to think about.

Know your budget ahead of time
              Don't be afraid of cars far away if you're buying from a NHAA member
              Don't be afraid to call upon someone local to a car to go look at it on your behalf
              Your first hearse, unless you spend real money on it, will probably be a huge pile of crap that needs mountains of work. Commit to it and commit funds to it, make it the car you want to have.

Comment

I've seen some pretty decent looking funeral coaches built within the last 40 years available for under $5K. Did you have your heart set on a particular type or coach builder?

Comment

I've got 1,500 maybe 2,000 to spend I would like to find a Buick coach. Year range 80 to 90. my first car was a 84 Regal 4 door.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidd View Post
                    I've got 1,500 maybe 2,000 to spend I would like to find a Buick coach. Year range 80 to 90. my first car was a 84 Regal 4 door.
                    That doesn't sound unreasonable. Check Ebay, and these forums. Also don't discount local funeral homes, and see if they might have something you would enjoy driving.

Comment

Yeah I know for that price I'm not going to get a perfect coach. But I want a coach that runs and drives. I'm not going to sweat the small things I just don't want to turn around in two or three months and drop a new motor or trans. in it.

Comment

Rocky Stone in NC recently picked up a mid-'80s Buick out of a FH basement. They can definitely still be found. If you luck out, a McPherson built Eureka Buick will turn up in your roundhouse.

Comment

Working...
                        X