I don't think I will it to meet up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I will it to meet up..

I am having fuel to the carb problems and I think it is at the pickup tube in the bottom of the tank, and I can not get it cleared out. then to day the insurance company called and stopped my application from going through because they can not understand what a hearse, for non commercial personal use is. the lady put it as a fleetwood four door, now they said it can not be listed as that because it is a 5 door and a commercial chassis, and then to really screw things up there are a bunch of different listing for that frame and now they want me to take it to a cad. dealer and they tell them what my hearse should be listed as.
    I let them know that if they don't anything about cars then they are in the wrong line of work. they also tried to tell me my 2000 ford ranger is a mid sized truck because it has an extended cab an those little half doors behind the front seats!
    I'm just having a bad freaking week...and not enough bullets to make it better!

Insure it as a station wagon. Its not their business to ask why you drive the car. Let them know that, and ask if you need to take your business elsewhere.

Comment

yeah, there are plenty of companies that will insure it without issues... you just have to call around.

Comment

Thanks, how is Progressive with hearses?
        You know, I have never had a bit of trouble before. I think they just don't want my business. I had it for years listed as a fleetwood series something commercial chassis personal use vehicle. I'm just done with them. as soon as i get it running again on it's own I will find a better more reliable knowledgeable company. I had progressive 18 months ago, so I'll take my paper work to them. they informed today that they had to report my vehicle as "insurance has lapsed" to the state DMV. I said tough beings as I don't have tags yet the DMV can not do or say a single word about it.
        And as if being ready to burn the insurance building down while beating people with a baseball bat leaving the burning building was not enough.... I had a guy (helping try to get the gas to the carb )all day long he could not shut up with the "You need a new gas tank..a gas tank is going to be too hard to find you just as well junk it..a gas tank will cost you $900.. "

Comment

I use Hagerty, they have many hearse owners insured. It just can't be a daily driver and must be garage kept.

Comment

dang ..no garage and I would most likely drive it during rainy days, and week ends.....a lot! I'll find some one to go with. these people are just idiots. I have a friend with a ex schoolbus made in to a camper and they are telling him that he needs a CDL to drive it and the DMV said the lady has lost her mind and for neither of us to deal with the staff there just go straight to the insurance regulators office and lodge a complaint because according to the paper work I have they never covered my car and held my money then 12 days later they send me a letter saying that my insurance was collapsed and turned me in for no insurance with over ten day lapse which is a fine able offense with the state.
            the super trooper cop guy called this whacked out church lady and she some how pissed him off. HE said they knew they declined the policy before I was ever out of the parking lot.maybe while talking to me and taking my money. she declined it when she found out it was a hearse and not a 4-door sedan. so basically these folks owe me like $197.xx, plus intrist (spl?) (the DMV said they normally get told to pay drivers more then their investment because of their actions here)
            He then made a call (yesterday) and and spoke with some high up guy.
            So, I now will be seeing the Insurance Commissioner Tuesday morning at 10 am with my paperwork and and he said he will get the ball rolling and we will have a solution in less then two weeks or we will get a date in front of the judge by 4 weeks.
            In the mean time I have to get insurance from somewhere else and my money is in limbo collecting dust mites in someone else bank account.
            that is the main reason I can not make the show.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
              Its not their business to ask why you drive the car.
              They care because if someone insures something as a normal vehicle & then get in an accident where its being used commercially, it becomes a liability problem for them. Happens very often with pizza delivery drivers using their personal vehicles. As soon as the insurance company finds out about the commercial use, like if they get in an accident on the job & someone mentions the pizza sign on the roof, the insurance company will cancel their policy & the driver runs the risk of being thrown in "assigned risk" in the future [huge premium hikes; this is the category they put NYC drivers, drivers with long DUI histories etc in]

Progressive's computer system flagged our hauler as a commercial chassis & would not allow them to write a normal pickup truck policy for it. No agent could override the computer for it, so it had to be a commercial policy. Most other big insurance companies worked the same way but wanted a whole lot more than Progressive did to issue a commercial policy. I think it was like $800/yr under Progressive but everyone else we tried was closer to $2-3k. But that was a truck w/ something crazy like a 25,000 GDW rating, IDK how they would deal with a car commercial chassis. My car is actually titled as a 2door coupe, even though it was a station wagon conversion. It also vin decodes as a LeSabre when the Buick B-body Wagon was the Electra [???].

Comment

If You looking for something quick, try State Farm. I have 2 insured with Them as hearses. I pay $40 a month each for liability.

Comment

ok state Farm has a place just down the road. I had progressive and they said I could back, but that was years ago and they might have changed the system since I was gone.
                  Last edited by hearsejr; 04-05-2014, 06:35 PM. Reason: missing the L key had to add L's

Comment

Hi jr, i had state farm on my 72 bonneville hearse and not a problem with my rep here in indiana .

Comment

thanks, I guess state farm is next on my to do list then. I had a head on collision ..both of us going 45mphs.. with a ford expedition that pulled in to my lane and I was in an '85 caddi seville roadster back in 07...he had state farm and they were prompt and gave me a good deal..lol maybe they will not hold a grudge. hehehehe. I be getting up with hem after the week end. I just hope they will get me a good deal.

Comment

I have state farm, and insured 2 Hearses with no problems.

Comment

thanks, I have to wait till Tuesday because I want to see how the meeting with the state insurance commissioner goes and make sure there is not going to be a blotch on the record that might cause me to get charged more.. I leave there and head over to the State Farm office and see what happens.
                          Thanks.

Comment

keep us posted.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X