Greetings from Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Pennsylvania

Hi there, I'm new to this little hobby here. In fact so new, I am still looking for a car.

I am hoping to get something in the year range from 58-67 and have about 8k or so to spend. I like the 58-63/64 range because I think the fins are cool, but after recently looking at some 65-67 models, they have their charm too. There is one 67 on Ebay from the Pawn Star guys, but I don't feel like I am getting full disclosure so its kind of scaring me away. I have a deal lined up and a shipper and everything, but I can't shake the feeling I might be getting a lemon. The shipping alone is $1200, so I starting thinking maybe I could take that $1200 and use it towards a year range I was more looking for originally, but more local within driving distance.

I'de like something that isn't an immediate full tear down and rebuild as I currently know nothing about repairing cars, so it will be a learn as I go thing.

I would like something where its pretty much ready to go, but I could start off doing some smaller repairs and slowly building my repair skills up as I go.

Thanks

If you guys look for that hearse on ebay, take a look and let me know what you think. I know it "Looks" great, but it has a new coat of paint. Who knows whats going on underneith, and you'll notice a distinct lack of details in the auction. I was told you can't see it, but there is a crack in the windshield. (They mentioned it in the show [Cajun Pawn Stars Season 3 Episode 8] and I had to ask twice about it to get this info) Am I missing the chance of a lifetime or will something better come along? If I am mssing the chance of a lifetime, please don't steal it from me hehe. I could still be pursuaded.

Keep in mind something things seem to have changed since this video 2 years ago.

Last edited by DarkWizard; 06-10-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Definitely not missing the chance of a lifetime. I personally don't care for how that roof was cheaply (and half-assed) painted over rust. That's more of a red flag than an obvious fault, like cracked windshield.

Focus on '61-'68 with that budget and coach parameters ('67-'68 are virtually identical, so no need to stop at '67). There are deals to be had once patience is exercised. Might be able to point you in a couple directions. What part of PA?

Comment

Ok thank you, good to know. Maybe I'll stick with my original thought of letting that one go. I am in Eastern PA, specifically Bethlehem.

I appreciate any tips/pointers/directions to be pointed in you can give. Also, are there any other good forums or websites for this, maybe even local clubs in the eastern PA area? I would have expected these forums to be much more active. Things just seem a little sparser than I had hoped.

If its a good enough deal, and the hearse in question is drivable, I could stretch my driving time to maybe 6-8 hours. Obviously the closer the better though
        Last edited by DarkWizard; 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWizard View Post
          I appreciate any tips/pointers/directions to be pointed in you can give. Also, are there any other good forums or websites for this, maybe even local clubs in the eastern PA area? I would have expected these forums to be much more active. Things just seem a little sparser than I had hoped.
          There is a club https://www.facebook.com/mohntonprocars
          And facebook is why the forum may see a bit un-active. If I know of anything in that range(thats for sale) near by, I can let you know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Crown View Post
            Definitely not missing the chance of a lifetime. I personally don't care for how that roof was cheaply (and half-assed) painted over rust. That's more of a red flag than an obvious fault, like cracked windshield.
            Focus on '61-'68 with that budget and coach parameters ('67-'68 are virtually identical, so no need to stop at '67). There are deals to be had once patience is exercised. Might be able to point you in a couple directions. What part of PA?
            Heya Just waiting to be pointed in a couple directions. I can wait, just hoping you didn't forget about me. I also checked out the facebook page for MPCC and am following it.

I haven't found much yet within range (year, price and distance) .

I found this one,

but its a little far and the I don''t need the supposed $4,000-$5,000 rims the guy says he put on. I asked what kind of rims and he said "20's" I was hoping for a little more detail. The interior is all pulled apart, but he says its all been restored (door liners, etc) It looks nice on the outside and engine, and I was given more pictures that show a portion of the interior. It seems like it might be worth it (without the rims). He also said he is not in a rush to sell, and might finish the work and sell it for about 15k. Between the distance and the rim thing, I don't know if this ones going to make the cut. I love how it looks though, would be perfect.

Let me know what you guys think, and please feel free to point me in other directions.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 10 photos.
            Last edited by DarkWizard; 06-17-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X