Hello from Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Alabama

Hello there! I was a member before, but had to sell my ride, and lost touch. Really wanting to get back in another coach. My last ride was a "78 Caddy, would love something a little older. I am keeping an eye on the posts, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it! Something early to mid 60's would be lovely! Wish I could remember the person I sold Judas to. They were on here about 4 years ago. Were going to use the hearse in a wedding, and I think re-christened him Emily! If ya read this please let me know how the car, and yourselves, are doing.

Whats your budget? There is a 63 Superior side loader for 5 grand. no motor.

Comment

Haven't thought that much about a budget. Just trying to get an idea on the range first. I would like something I could drive right away if that's not too unrealistic. 5G without a motor? Is that because it's a side loader? I think I remember reading they were a bit more of a rarity.

Comment

Running finned pre-'65 coaches don't turn up regularly and when they do - they're going to cost you.

Definitely keep your eyes open not just on multiple sites but ears too through word of mouth.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm not dead set on pre 65. Anything from the 60's maybe even early 70's would do. Actually found a 66 that I love around 5 grand says it needs a/c charged and not too much else. Really long drive to get it though. I think that's going to be my biggest issue. Not many hearses in Alabama that I've seen or heard of. Lucked up on my first one and found him in TN. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some info. Hopefully will have some leads soon!

Comment

If you offer that 63 owner 4 grand, I bet he'll bite. I can always get you a motor for the 63.

Comment

Are there any pics of it?

Comment

Ill have to look through some facebook threads

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

My hearse was used in Alabama, not sure where or if it was the original funeral home. So there are good hearses in Alabama, or at least there were.

Comment

I've found a few. The 66 I wanted sold two days before I contacted the guy. I am looking at a newer model now. Hope to be in one soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X