1940 superior pontiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 superior pontiac

Hey guys. I'm just getting ready to start my 40 superior and have a couple questions. Haven't found too much info on it as far as qty built, qty left... Or really any info on it minus a brochure. My main question is, does anyone have experience with what subframe to throw under this? As far as handling the weight? I want to throw a bit more modern setup under it for some suspension upgrades and discs. Thanks

I'm guessing this site is dead like the others?

Comment

What Chassis was your coach built on? Is it a carved panel, Landau, or limo style coach? Also, photos would be helpful.

Comment

I believe it is an oak Ridge model due to the silver streak badging. I haven't been able to find out too much info on it so I'm not too sure. Definitely not landau or carved. The one brochure I found had a crown Hill model and Oakridge model that both look similar. Thanks for responding and any future help.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Is there a certain application that you are looking for it to do or just a drive around town ride. If you are looking for heavy duty you could always find a cheap heavy duty truck with a bad body and salvage the frame. I've seen that done in one case.

Comment

BTW it the hearse is beautiful in the pictures

Comment

Thank you. Yeah touring around going to shows and daily driving is what I'm gonna be using her for. Basically the modifications I'm wanting to do to it are cummins / allision power train, updated independent suspension, c notched rear, bagged... Trying to get all my ideas straight before I pull the cab and start tearing shit apart. Just trying to figure out the front either get a clip from something or buy one... Which I'd rather use the money under the hood

Comment

I'd rather use the money under the hood
                I know the feeling on that. Right now all I can think of for a front clip subframe that might work would be one from a 81 or older camaro. I'm sure that I am totally missing what you trying get at though.

Comment

Right on. Yeah that's what I'm thinking is a subframe I can make work. And that will handle the weight? I've used Mustang II style stuff before but it's a lot to upgrade for the weight

Comment

Working...
                  X