Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not that I needed another project but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some more pictures starting with the Identity Tag:

and here is a pic of the Supply List:

here are some pics of the Power Supply (Inverter):

and here is the beautiful Unity Spotlight:

a close up of one of the Safe-T-Vu lights:

one of the (2) Jump Seats:

the Miller Meteor Fender Emblem:

and one last shot of the Ambulance itself:

Thanks again everyone for your interest as well as the information that you've provided... It is truly appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by Beast Lee View Post
      Wow, thanks Wayne... The Tom McPherson who wrote the book that I have enjoyed & cherished for years "American Funeral Cars & Ambulances - Since 1900"...?

Thanks again...
      Yes, the very same. I'd sent him a note & your photos yesterday, he replied today but Atti was all over it too. Tom said if he can find his original sales info on the Volunteer 48" ambulances he'll scan it & email it... will post it up if he finds it. I really like your '61 it has so much potential, you've become quite the coach collector these days!

Comment

Where is the 'Like' button!!!

48 on the tag...

That jump seat (obviously) isn't attached. If you don't have the legs or partition hook that keeps the seat upright, I can probably scrounge them up. Also, have an extra set of correct cot hooks (upper) if those are gone.

Where do you live that there is still snow..?

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
          Yes, the very same. I'd sent him a note & your photos yesterday, he replied today but Atti was all over it too. Tom said if he can find his original sales info on the Volunteer 48" ambulances he'll scan it & email it... will post it up if he finds it. I really like your '61 it has so much potential, you've become quite the coach collector these days!
          I am honored that you guys would take the time & do that in regards to my latest find... That would be extremely kOoL to get the original sales info from Tom, do send him a big thanks from me... The '61 has amazing potential and it has stood the test of time pretty well & for the most part intact... I don't usually restore vehicles, but this one seems to require it, as well as that's the consensus of the family...

Quite the coach collector indeed, good thing I'm on an acreage... lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
            Where is the 'Like' button!!!

48 on the tag...

That jump seat (obviously) isn't attached. If you don't have the legs or partition hook that keeps the seat upright, I can probably scrounge them up. Also, have an extra set of correct cot hooks (upper) if those are gone.

Where do you live that there is still snow..?
            48, does that signify the Volunteer...?

I live just outside of Edmonton, Alberta in Sherwood Park, the temp is up in the double digits finally (+17c) so the snow has pretty much disappeared...

As far as the missing parts, I'll take some more pics as to what I have... The one seat isn't bolted down but the other is... One thing I thought was kind of strange is what looks like a dome light bolted to the floor near the large driver side entry door...

Thanks Atti...

Comment

48 signifies the headroom. Yours is 48", my '66 ambulance is 51", and there's also 54" models that were made in later years before the demise of the car-based ambulances.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
                48 signifies the headroom. Yours is 48", my '66 ambulance is 51", and there's also 54" models that were made in later years before the demise of the car-based ambulances.
                Ahhh, now that makes sense... Thanks...

Comment

Caught wind of an off-radar ambulance over holidays. Pics and contact info just arrived. Turns out it is the same exact year and model as yours. Had to let you know at least one more is out there.

Called owner and am awaiting price.

Comment

Caught wind of an off-radar ambulance over holidays. Pics and contact info just arrived. Turns out it is the same exact year and model as yours. Had to let you know at least one more is out there.

Called owner and am awaiting price.

Very kOoL, looking forward to seeing more info on that one...

Comment

Took almost a month but a friend drove 300 miles roundtrip to check it out for me. Looks as expected in person which is reassuring. Very little rust.

Comment

Quite the different look to it Atti with the round roof lights... Looks to be in pretty decent shape...

Took almost a month but a friend drove 300 miles roundtrip to check it out for me. Looks as expected in person which is reassuring. Very little rust.

Comment

Working...
                        X