New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hey there im from Australia and have just recently bought a 1964 Cadillac Superior Hearse from a guy that bought it from Las Vegas. I havent really found any sites that have hearse specific spare parts. If anyone could help i would really appreciate it! Thanks

well first off welcome, and congrats on your new ride. as for parts I would say it is best to be a little more descriptive on what you are looking for.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Parts wise, things like chrome trims inside, as im not sure if im missing certain parts on doors, a rubber kit as im thinking of having her repainted in her original colors of course.

Comment

Welcome from me as well...

Comment

Welcome to the NHAA!

I have spares. Pyro is another member here who may. Relay what model '64 you have first though - endloader, sideloader, or combination? And is it a landaulet? Pics help for missing items.

Comment

Hello, and welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome!!! Congrats on your new love

Comment

I think it would be an endloader?? I will put a few pictures up so you can have a look.
                  I think there might be trim missing on the interior doors maybe? But im not sure. The car as i bought it was labelled as a 1964 Cadillac Superior Hearse. Any info you could give me about the car would be great too! ms lily 002.jpgms lily 006.jpgms lily 049.jpgms lily 092.jpgms lily 004.jpgms lily 001.jpgms lily 031.jpgms lily 055.jpg

Comment

Superior is the builder, and you have a landau endloader. Welcome to the site.

Comment

99% sure that this coach is the one that customs totally destroyed inside when it was imported. There was a writeup on it somewhere (don't remember where) and when the owners went to see the car while clearing customs, the interior had been all stripped out... and not kindly! If this is the same coach that will explain why you are missing parts.

The rear loading door is missing all of it's curtain rods & nameplate holders, as are the rear side doors. If you look under the carpeted casket floor you'll probably find new wood, originally it was a laminate floor and the story i'd read also said customs ripped out the original floor. Let us know if the sellers mentioned any of this to you. If memory is correct the people who had it imported also had a similar coach in black that is very nice.

Comment

Nah you are correct, they told me all about that, but i havent really seen that many photos of the same model to pick out which pieces I'm missing. There are some holes on the rear loading door and on the front and rear doors that look like something should have been there but im unsure as to what it would be. The curtain rods and everything are being sent over to me and im thinking there might be a few little pieces with that but im not sure. This is due to the transport company not allowing anything to be in the car like spare parts or anything like that which is stupid!

Comment

Pyro here has an original '63 Superior that I found last year. Although most of the rear interior was gone, he may be able to point out what else is missing from yours. (Which truly is a sharp coach, btw.)

Pretty sure it should also have plastic Superior door badges and an additional molding (lengthwise) running the lower rear compartment panels. Really like the swirly pattern chosen. Rear interior sail panels look a little barren but I can't quite place my finger on why.

Did a triple take viewing the driver's door panel. Is that snowflake??? Like this - in a different color?

If so I'd like to see it larger. Only recently became aware of this pattern. Seems only Superior may have used it in '63 and '64. Verrrrry rare. Whoever thought to put snowflakes in a hearse was pure genius.
                          Last edited by 60Crown; 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Are there any places i can get my hands on the plastic Superior door badges and an additional molding (lengthwise) running the lower rear compartment panels that you are talking about??? Or perhaps any photos someone could share with me of an original hearse same model so i can see what and where im missing things from?
                            You are exactly right, the snowflake pattern looks as though it was throughout the entire car before customs destroyed it! Only a little bit lighter in colour. Now it is just in the front of the car as the previous owner didnt get a chance to finish retrimming her. I will get a better close up photo for you as soon as i get a chance

Comment

Here are a couple of original junkyard coaches to compare.

'61-'62 Superior:

'63-'64 Superior:

You'll have to stand in line and remain patient for those badges. I need 2, Daniel needs 2, Jim needs 6, Ian in Australia needs 1... Almost every coach I come across in a yard has already had the badges stripped off. Usually those remaining are either cracked or the plastic is crazed.

Comment

Working...
                              X