can someone identify this hearse please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone identify this hearse please

looking to buy this hearse if its worth having, its up for $2500, is that a good price.

Admittedly, I can't quickly differentiate between '65-'68 models and will guess '66 here.

It is Superior Sovereign Landaulet. Fresh air vent on driver's rear quarter dictates combination, further validated by seeing jump seat in raised position through windshield. Landau combinations are fairly rare, this one more so as it is a formal landau (not a Royale, or corner windows).

Looks like a solid coach, desirable year range, at a fair price. It shouldn't last long if you pass. Only you can answer if it is worth having.

Comment

Googling images of Cadillac bumper and grilles, my guess is 1965

Comment

i've been told its a 65, said to be solid and a runner, looks like i might have to buy it then,just need to make sure my friend can take delivery and look over it for me.

chrome all looks ok, exept 1 tail light surround

Comment

It's a 1965. Easiest ways to tell are '65 and '66 had stacked headlights, but they didn't lean forward like the '67 & '68. Rear bumper side profile was only like this for '65 and '66... the '65 had an open tail light lens and '66 had a chrome splitter that divided each tail light lens in half (thats why you have to drop the bumper of a '66 to repair light bulbs, no access).
          '66 has turn signals in the grill, '65 they are in the bumper.
          Hope this helps Atti... i'll try to find some photos to do a reference post for year ID

Comment

It's a 65.

Is this car in northern IL?

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
              It's a 65.

Is this car in northern IL?
              it may have been, the guy selling it is about 100 miles north of the IL state line, do you know about it if its the same car

Comment

Yep '65, just like mine.

Looks like a nice car to start with, I'd buy it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
                  Yep '65, just like mine.

Looks like a nice car to start with, I'd buy it, lol.

was it a lot of work to get yours on the deck, would love to do the same, am about to have a 54 F100 bagged

Comment

It was a crap load of work actually, lol, to get it to lay all the way out. I build everything from scratch. (no more leafs, rear control arms, pan hard bar, narrowed the front and the rear to get the 10" wide wheels to tuck, 4 wheel disk brakes, etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
                      It was a crap load of work actually, lol, to get it to lay all the way out. I build everything from scratch. (no more leafs, rear control arms, pan hard bar, narrowed the front and the rear to get the 10" wide wheels to tuck, 4 wheel disk brakes, etc...)
                      did you have to notch the chassis, or cut the floor at all

Comment

Not at this point no. It will drag body and frame right now, but if I go to any wheels bigger than 15", then I will have to notch both the frame and the floor. I prefer a little taller than most of these kids now a days, lol, so I'm not into putting 24's on it. I may step up to 18's though maybe someday, but only because nobody makes 15" tires anymore that fit my car.

Comment

if anyone is interested in this hearse, it looks like i might have to let it go, i haven't got anywhere to work on it and get it on the road, i was hoping my friend was going to be able to sort it for me but after a tree went through his house a couple of weeks ago, he hasn't time or space to do anything, and he keeps having to fly back to the uk to sort things out over there, and with winter on its way, i guess time isn't on my side, the guy has relisted it on ebay and will take $2500 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-...item19c7eda9d6

Comment

My combination guess was correct. Sharp interior two tone.

Comment

the guy is offering to look after it for me if i buy it, its just his mate is going to "jail" and needs to sell it, so i am looking at my options, it does look a good buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X