Hopping on the introduction bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopping on the introduction bandwagon

Figured I should stop lurking and say hello now that I have bought a hearse. Picked her up last weekend, drove 280 miles home. She ran pretty good considering the torrential rains and narrow highway back, but is in the shop for a full work over before she gets driven regularly.

340748_10150348164119459_514599458_9564252_781297_o.jpg302399_2336428854516_1363700026_2771180_318727_n.jpg328093_10150348163394459_514599458_9564250_6343084_o.jpg317449_2336431174574_1363700026_2771185_7849349_n.jpg291949_2336432334603_1363700026_2771188_7845332_n.jpg300748_10150348162684459_514599458_9564245_3234612_n.jpg
    Last edited by wckddudeman; 08-25-2011, 03:35 PM.

Welcome from Tulsa!, you'll dig this place....
    Cool coach!

Comment

I do like to see flames on a hearse. Cool looking ride, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Haha killer coach man! Glad you joined up. Welcome!

Comment

Looks like a nice Miller-Meteor combo! (no comment on the color though LOL) Welcome to NHAA. When you update your profile could you fill in your location? We're gaining alot of new members but don't know where most of you are. Enjoy the coach and our site, look around and don't be afraid to jump into the forums

Comment

nice looking car...not particularly the wheels, but car looks really straight

Comment

Welcome. I remember seeing that one for sale on craigslist, I think that's where.

Comment

Thank you all.

nice looking car...not particularly the wheels, but car looks really straight
                  Yea I do agree the wheels need work, any suggestions? I really don't know what to do for rims on a car of this style. The ranchero has American Racing Torq Thrust II's but that syle would look a bit out of place on this car. Saw the asanti v-axis 603 but 2500 for rims isn't happening anytime soon, not before a new engine atleast.

Welcome. I remember seeing that one for sale on craigslist, I think that's where.
                  Yea, found her on craigslist called up and drove the 3 1/2 hours up there. Ran good, the body was in decent shape, picked her up, then drove 4 1/2 back.

Comment

tt2.jpg

I'm not opposed to Torq-Thrust II's...

Comment

Guess your right, looked worse in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by R U INJRD View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10163[/ATTACH]

I'm not opposed to Torq-Thrust II's...
                        Me neither!

Be careful on what wheels you choose, remember how heavy your coach is and make sure the wheels are rated for the weight.
                        The new Cragar 500 Eliminator wheels are rated at 1900lbs - 2100lbs apiece, I bought a complete set through a vendor at a car show for $700 and really like the look.
                        Since you asked for suggestions, here's a shot of them on my '66 Superior ambulance, these are the "500G Eliminator"... the "G" stands for polished rim, gray center. They are also available with a flat black center or polished center.

Comment

Yea, found her on craigslist called up and drove the 3 1/2 hours up there. Ran good, the body was in decent shape, picked her up, then drove 4 1/2 back.[/QUOTE]

Hi there! I am glad to see that I am not the only one that felt these cars are worth making the road trip. I couldn't drive mine back (though it probably would have been fine), but I drove 5 hours one way based on only the limited pictures the seller would send me to bring mine home. I can say that it was worth it.

Comment

Suggestions???

WIDE WHITES!!!

That's just me tho. I put white walls on everything. My lawn mower, my grill, my bicycles, even grand ma's rascal have white walls lol hotrodwaynes wheels are sick tho. Thers not a better wheel in exhistence for that particular car. I bet you could put them on a mercury bob cat or a K car and make it look bad ass!!! Wonder what they'd look like on my coach....well good luck with a wheel selection. As long as the truck wheels go it will look much better ANY wheel you pic!

Comment

Hi there! I am glad to see that I am not the only one that felt these cars are worth making the road trip. I couldn't drive mine back (though it probably would have been fine), but I drove 5 hours one way based on only the limited pictures the seller would send me to bring mine home. I can say that it was worth it.
                              If it wasn't driveable I wouldn't have it. It wouldnt fit in the car hauler that holds my race car, and uhaul said they didn't have a trailer for it. So the choice became, fill up the tires, bring a few gallons of water, drive and see how far it got. Cross fingers and hope to get it home and not have to call a wrecker for a tow.

Comment

Working...
                              X