American Legion Hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Legion Hearse

I just bought a 1967 MM Cadillac, endloader from Warren, Mich. It still has American Legion emblems painted over on the doors. Just curious whether anyone else has come across such a car. Seller bought it from Wisconsin 4 years ago - but no other history before that.
    Attached Files

Great looking car!!

Comment

Hard to say on that. The american legions are a tight knit group of old vets. Could have been a hearse for services exclusively for legion members. Other than that I'm not sure. I know one thing, that's a damn gorgeous couch youve got there. Beautiful. Welcome to the NHAA. You'll love it here man.

Comment

WOW, great car!
        Keep us updated as you learn it's history.

Comment

Is it a combo or straight hearse? Way back when some Legions sponsored volunteer ambulance services...

Comment

Originally posted by DocV View Post
            Is it a combo or straight hearse? Way back when some Legions sponsored volunteer ambulance services...
            Good point Doc. Never thougt about that. Absence of fresh air vent on left hand quarter panel tell me this is probly a straight traditional endloader though. Inside shots could tell us more KRT

Comment

krt's '67 is missing the entire rear floor...not for long though.

Doug, that thing looks mean. Love it! Do you have landau irons?

Comment

it is a straight hearse - end loader, black w/ crinkle top M&M. Someone stripped out the inside - floor, partition, cabinet are all gone - I'm trying to replace em.

Comment

You got it! Unfortunately - someone gutted the inside: whole floor is missing, along w/ the cabinet. They ripped out the partition (all of which I'm trying to replace). They put down some black shag carpet in it's place.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Yours too. I just joined myself. Looks like you are in the great white north too. I'll spend the next few years fixing the rust!

Comment

it did come w/ a set of landau irons. All the outside moldings have been stripped and left inside - haven't had time to go through each piece, but I'm sure I will need something. At least the original MM tags are there on the back.

Comment

Lovely coach man, shame about the bed. You should look into putting in a low profile back seat too that folds down when you do replace the bed/rollers.

Comment

Thanks - great idea! Work in progress

Comment

Comment

They still manage to slip through...

Comment

Working...
                              X