Information Needed 1938 Flxible (Buick) Hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Needed 1938 Flxible (Buick) Hearse

Looking for parts for 1938 Flxible Hearse, Yes i know it's a needle in a hay stack but I'm tring to find some doors or door parts such as vent windows,regulators,etc..I found a 39 in a salvage yard up north but their different than mine but i think i can build my door shell with them the rear door is not there.If anyone has any kind of info or contact info about parts for any 36 38 or 39 Hearse any Builder it would be very Helpful. I'm not sure if the doors are Buick Parts or if Flxible built them.I bought the Hearse from i guy in El Paso Tx. It came for mexico where it was used. Thanks for any help Ashley
    Attached Files

MORTISHA My 38 Flxible Hearse

Anyone have any leads on any kind of doors or door parts, I'm not sure if they used Buick Doors or Flxible Built their own or not. I think a 38 Limited 91 series would work.Thanks for any info Ashley
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know about the parts you need, but that is a cool car.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Man, Gonna put a 454/400 turbo and lower it .It's gonna Be F@#kin WICKED

Comment

Flxible built their own doors. Find/purchase Flxible Professional Vehicles: The Complete HIstory if not already owned.

'38 was 1st year Flxible had true carved-type funeral cars. Two models were available, Classic A (carvings) and Classic AA (plate glass). The Classic models were available in Premier (Buick Century chassis) or Sterling series (Buick Special chassis). 45 Premiers and 209 Sterlings were built in '38. Add Cadillac, LaSalle, and Chevrolet in and Flxible produced 373 coaches total this year.

So, your coach is one of 45 Premiers and a Classic A example. No doubt one of considerably less than 45 being both. Easy to tell this '38 had carvings that are now missing as Classic AA examples had regularly shaped window openings.

Bad news? A passenger door will not be easy to find. And forget about finding those missing carved panels. Good news? '37 is same body style. I'll inquire with a couple of serious collectors to see if a door can be sourced, junkyard or otherwise.

With the build tag info I may be able to figure out original funeral home.

Also, did you buy this from a guy named Mike in El Paso..?

Comment

Responded to your other thread. Not sure why there are two on same subject but perhaps a mod can move this one to Wanted instead of For Sale, alleviating possible confusion.

Comment

I just found That book on amazon over the weekend,waiting on it to get here,Thought i found some doors up north but pictures guy sent look like a 30 packard.I have the door skins and some of the metal that wraped the wood frames, but nothing else was there except handles an latchs and of coarse the wood was all to rotten to use.was thinking about buying those and using to parts to built some.Gonna keep looking.I spoke with a guy in Utah that used to own a 38 he told me that the craving were molded out of pot metal or somthing not wood.Thanks for The reply and if you hear anything about doors it would be very helpful.I wonder if the vent windows would have been buick or flx built them too, Yes Michal is where it came from in El Paso,Thanks again,Ashley
              Last edited by razorx; 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

loos like 39 packard not 30

Comment

Looks like 39 packard not 30

Comment

Correct, the carved panels were cast. They were so beautiful and intricate that the rear side door handles were inside apparently to not take away from the coach's lines. Pretty cool.

Comment

Not sure about the others but mine is a rear loader only No side door at all. I have a friend that is one heck of a artist we're gonna try to make somthing to put on the side's,wish i could find some good close up pic's of those.The guy in utah was supposed to send me some and of the interior in the back but never got around to it.

Comment

When your copy arrives, turn to page 85 for a nice close up of those carved panels.

Comment

This is the numbers off the Flxible ID # Tag on the firewall Model#2759 68-9, Frame#13304486, Motor # 63481802,,The Hearse i found up north must be a classic AA or another make. The back roof has been cut off above the window's from right behide ft. door pillars, it has side doors on both sides. He said iy's a 39 but the doors look very similar. Going to try and post the pic's on here so you can tell me what you think. Thanks Ashley

Comment

pic's of salvage yard car and pic's of mine

Heres the car car I found I'll have to upload the better pics of my car next.
                            Attached Files

Comment

my car

here's pic's of my car,Dose it look like the salvage yards car windows are taller to you? Iemailed them to see if ID# tag was still on it and for them to measure door and window,but havn't got reply yet They said it was a 39 buick Hearse, Dose the flxible book show a picute of the 39 classic AA? Got pis'c all togrther finally
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by razorx; 02-02-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X